All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1680 Denier Black ballistic nylon and Forza nylon
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact Size: 6.25'' (l) x 2.5'' (w) x 8.25'' (h) . 6.4 oz.
- Medium Size (shown): 8.5'' (l) x 2.5'' (w) x 11'' (h). 12.4 oz.
- Tall Size: 10.5'' (l) x 2.5'' (w) x 13'' (h) . 1.2 lbs.
- Made from abrasion and water-resistant durable ballistic nylon and high-performance Forza textile.
- Three easy-access points: main compartment, front zippered pocket, front open pocket.
- Available in three sizes: Compact, Medium, Tall
- Separate interior pocket fits MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or iPad (and similarly-sized devices)
- Gold liner illuminates the bag's interior.
- Two external pockets for easy access: a zippered pocket for securing valuables and an open pocket for frequently-accessed items.
- Spacer mesh on the back for sweat-wicking.
- Removable cam shoulder strap can be adjusted while wearing the bag.
- YKK waterproof zippers.
I have a lot of Waterfield products, some might say I have a problem, but it’s a good problem to have. This bag is darn near perfect with the exception of the back-sided padding. The outer mesh material is fine but whatever is behind it feels like an after thought. It just feels too thin and flimsy for Waterfield’s signature look and feel. The mesh material itself is lovely but the foam insert or whatever is creating the loft feels very cheap. It’s not enough to send it back because this bag is made with Forza Italian Textile and will last as long as my skin and bones. The bag has a gold interior with metal zipper pulls; while being sporty with a hint of elegance and class. I just wish they went with a thicker or more dense of an insert for the backing. I am still proud to have it in my many bagger collection, although the design could be a little more refined on the back end. It pains me to not give this bag a perfect score.
I recently bought the Essentials Backpack, which has been my every day carry bag since it arrived.
When I got the email that the Essentials Crossbody was going to be available in a larger size suitable for a 14” MacBookPro, I put the release/order date in my calendar and ordered immediately.
This bag has not disappointed. There’s no point in commenting on the quality of construction, because that’s a given with Waterfield.
This bag does hit a sweet spot, when you want to carry your laptop or larger tablet and some everyday essentials in a relatively light and compact format.
It has NOT become my every day bag, because I just need to carry more than it can hold, so that’s the one caveat - it is not made for someone who wants to carry a lot. If I did not have a full bag of cables and the occasional need to carry a few magazines or books, I would definitely use it every day.
This is a great complement to the Essentials Backpack, and even though it isn’t suitable (for me) for everyday use, I am keeping it because it is such a great design and such a great bag for the times when I am able to carry less but still want my laptop with me.
Convenience, beautiful and useful. Never go out without :)
Got this for my wife who had been “borrowing" my 10 year old sling WaterField mail pouch for years to carry documents and records to meetings. The new Crossbody is the perfect solution—just the right size to carry a few docs, an iPad/laptop, and a few accessories efficiently. And it looks sharp!
The Essential Crossbody is available in three sizes to fit Apple's MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard, and iPad Mini, and similarly sized devices. Extra pockets carry accessories and other essentials like phone, wallet, keys, and earbuds.
- Tall Size
- Fits 14" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Air, 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard + accessories
- Fits similarly-sized laptops and tablets
- Medium Size
- Fits 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard + accessories
- Fits similarly-sized devices
- Compact Size
- Fits iPad Mini + accessories
- Fits similarly-sized devices