All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
Dimensions & Weight:
- Small: 11” (l)x 2.25” (w) x 9.25” (h); 1.35 lbs.
- Medium: 12.5” (l) x 2.25” (w) x 9.5” (h); 1.65 lbs.
- Large: 14.25” (l) x 2.25” (w) x 12” (h); 1.85 lbs.
27.94 (l) x 5.71 (w) x 23.49 (h) cm; 0.61 kg
Volume: 3.5 Liters
31.75 (l) x 5.71 (w) x 24.13 (h) cm; 0.75 kg
Volume: 5.5 Liters
36.19 (l) x 5.71 (w) x 30.48 (h) cm; 0.84 kg
Volume: 6.25 Liters
- Fully-padded compartment keeps your laptop or tablet protected.
- Secure splash-proof zippered main compartment keeps your gear dry.
- Locking YKK zippered rear pocket.
- Ultrasuede phone pocket under front pocket fits up to iPhone XS Max.
- Invisible magnet secures front pocket with a satisfying snap.
- Rear leather grab-and-go handle.
I have been using the Bolt Cross Body bag for a few weeks now and am very pleased. Great materials, great finish. Three little things I would still change. The zipper to the main compartment of the bag I would like to see that it can be opened from both sides, like the Sutter Tech Sling. I carry the bag on the left side and therefore I have to reach all the way back to get to the zipper opener when I want to open the bag with my right hand. I would also like the strap to have a length adjustment on both sides. Finally, the magnet on the front flap could be a bit stronger. But these are absolutely small things. All in all a great bag, which I would buy again anytime.
Outstandingly made product! It fits me and my items inside perfect. I will be using this for many years.
I love this bag. I've been searching this type (vertical open, front flap pocket, size) for over 5 years. Initial thoughts:
- the craftsmanship is amazing. You really appreciate when small things like the metal strap adjuster feel high quality.
- the size of the bag and of pockets/zippers/strap are spot on - not too large or small. IMO, well-designed proportions are hard to nail down.
- SFBags have been great in responding to all my questions and concerns.
The bag isn't huge, but it fits the essentials:
- keys, wallet, phone (in front pocket)
- Lewis and Clark travel umbrella (main pocket)
- water bottle (a glass GT's kombucha bottle, main pocket)
- iPad (in iPad sleeve)
The umbrella and water bottle (each about 2.5 inches wide) are tight, but they fit. If I don't include either the water bottle or umbrella, I can fit 2-3 more Moleskine notebooks in the main pocket.
I bought both the Small canvas and ballistic styles to try. I much prefer the sharp look of the ballistic version, but it is noticably stiffer than the canvas and I found it more difficult to access the front pocket (esp when the bag is full). The canvas bag is softer and more pliable, and holds its shape more when you pull on it, i.e. the top of the bag and front pocket stay open when you pull on them, whereas they snap back more for the ballistic. I'm much more a fan of the sharp aesthetics of the ballistic nylon, but the pocket issues are making me think twice about which one I'll keep.
Slight changes which would be nice (FWIW, these are very minor issues)
- it would be nice if the opening of the front pocket was slightly larger on the ballistic nylon version to compensate for the material.
- the suede phone pocket is a small flap within the front pocket. I don't use it b/c I have a phone case and screen protector. However, stuff sometimes catches on it. It'd be nice if there was an option to remove it.
Love Bolt crossbody bag. it’s my new everyday bag. Great design holds a spare battery, phone, keys, and wallet compatibly. i still have and use the original Muzetto (2010) a black and a brown but the bolt my ease them into retirement.
Construction is quality, bag is comfortable, and it holds everything perfectly. No complaints at all.
AppAdvice - November 29, 2017
"Overall, I’m in love with the Bolt Crossbody laptop bag."
DroidHorizon - November 7, 2017
"The time and money spent in making this bag means that it will probably outlive me and is made to last. The design is timeless and won’t ever look out of place."
Best Leather - July 19, 2017
"The Bolt Crossbody Laptop Bag is my favorite though. It is built with the same quality I’ve come to expect from Waterfield, and it also matches the utility I’m looking for—without any excess."
MyMac - June 15, 2017
"The new Bolt Crossbody bags from WaterField Designs offer some features that add a welcome layer of convenience to your day-to-day life."
MyMac Reviews rating is 8 out of 10.
- Small: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- iPad Pro 11"
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Go with Type Cover
- Medium: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.4”
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- 12" MacBook
- iPad Pro 12.9” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- Large: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 14" x 10”
- 15" MacBook Touch Bar
- 13" MacBook Pro Retina, Air Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")