All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
Dimensions & Weight:
- Pro Executive Laptop Backpack: 13.5” (l) x 7” (w) x 16.5” (h); 3.1 lbs.
34.29 (l) x 17.78 (w) x 41.91 (h) cm; 1.41 kg
Volume: 25.5 liters
- Crowd-sourced design with customers to create a stylish and functional backpack for professionals.
- The optional executive Folio is easily removable to take for short meetings.
- Stands upright when it’s set down.
- Two main chambers: back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio. Front chamber is spacious enough to hold other items needed for a day at the office.
- Premium full grain leather front panel and handle.
- Two zip pockets on the front panel to quickly access items when swinging the backpack from the shoulder.
- Two large side pockets for water bottle and small items.
- Top front pocket that’s deep enough to hold items securely.
- Back slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- Top handle is premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- Comfortable, padded shoulder straps.
- Sleek, waterproof zippers throughout.
- Built to last.
The Pro Executive Laptop Backpack has the size and organization to meet my needs on my commute to work, at work, and on business travel. I like all of the easily accessible outside pockets as well as all of the internal organization features. There are plenty of places for papers, laptop, glass case, pens, passport, safety glasses, gloves, hat, etc. I have added two gear cases for small things. I got the Executive Folio also. It works well to carry my laptop to meetings.
The backpack stands without falling, packs tightly, and sits comfortably on my shoulders. I think that it is extremely well designed and is beautiful as well.
However, it’s too big for my day to day commute on the NYC subway. I will be trading in for the smaller one.
Love this company. I’ve had one of their cases for 20 years (seriously!) and it still looks brand new. Awesome!
I've been looking around for a new work backpack for some time now. Like others, I had a list of requirements as long as my arm: I wanted it to look professional, but still be a backpack. I didn't want it to be halfway between a backpack and a briefcase, like the Timbuk2 ACE convertible, since you give up some good backpack functionality to still be considered a briefcase sometimes. I liked some of what the eBags Professional Flight Laptop backpack gave me, but it was very floppy and kept falling over. I had a Swissgear backpack that I really liked, but it was too casual. I had recommendations for many others, but they all didn't quite fit what I was looking for.
So I read a lot of reviews, watched a lot of videos, and pulled the trigger on the Waterfield Pro Executive Laptop Backpack. Top level review: just the backpack I was looking for.
This has the look I wanted, along with the compartments and accessibility I needed. Remember when I said my backpack kept falling forward? Not the Waterfield. This stays standing up whether largely empty, or packed for a trip. The ballistic nylon material is more firm than other backpacks, so it doesn't feel squishy or soft, and it certainly doesn't flop. There's a zippered pocket at the top which holds my company badge most days, and is where I can stash my pockets' contents when I go through the TSA Pre-check line. I have enough room in the back compartment to bring two laptops, a folder, and my iPad, if need be. The spacious front compartment has plenty of room for books, folders, noise-canceling headphones, etc. Lastly, the two side pockets can easily be used for little things like pens, power banks, etc. I am not personally sold on the front flat pocket that can be accessed from both sides, but that's mainly because I can't think of what I'd put there. If that's the biggest problem I have with this backpack, I think I'm doing well.
Now, to line up another business trip to really test it out.....
Pro Executive Laptop Backpack
Professional looking bag with style.
BagWorks - October 8, 2018
“The Pro Executive Backpack from Waterfield Designs is an exceedingly great bag for any of you business-y type people out there.”
MacDirectory - August 18, 2018
"We never thought we’d use the word “breathtaking” to describe a backpack, but that’s the only word that really describes WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack.”
Gadgeteer - August 12, 2018
"Waterfield’s crowd-sourced, collaborative effort has hit the mark, creating an exceptionally functional, nicely laid out backpack with a sophisticated look suitable for any business situation.”
WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack: A perfect business backpack created with the help of customers
ZDNet - June 4, 2018
"it is clear to me that the WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack gets everything right and is the best bag I have ever tested…”
The Padded laptop/tablet compartment fits devices up to 15" x 10"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- Surface Book 2 (13” & 15”)
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13")
- Dell XPS 13, 15
- Surface Laptop 3 (15")
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Air Retina
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
- Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Dell XPS 13"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 2 (15")
- Dell XPS 15"