All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Full-grain cowhide leather flap
- Ballistic nylon body
- Rear power mesh pocket
- Soft liner
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Switch CitySlicker #1: 10.5” (l) x 1.5” (w) x 5” (h); 8.5 oz.
- Switch CitySlicker in Skull & Co GripCase #5: 10.75” (l) x 2” (w) x 5” (h); 10.5 oz.
- Switch Lite #3: 9.5” (l) x 1.25” (w) x 4.25” (h); 6.5 oz.
- Switch Lite CitySlicker in Skull & Co GripCase #1: 10.5” (l) x 1.5” (w) x 5” (h); 8.5 oz.
26.67 (l) x 3.81 (w) x 12.7 (h) cm; 240 gm
27.30 (l) x 2.08 (w) x 12.7 (h) cm; 297 gm
24.13 (l) x 3.17 (w) x 10.79 (h) cm; 184 gm
26.67 (l) x 3.81 (w) x 12.7 (h) cm; 240 gm
- Pocket for screen cleaner.
- Can be inserted into bigger bags or backpacks.
- Protects the Switch and Joy-Cons from nicks and bumps.
- Includes a Microsuede lining for cleaning the screen when inserted in the case.
- Optional attachments for carrying at an additional fee: carabiner, strap, or wrist loop.
- Optional Game Card Holder fits perfectly inside.
This product was designed with customers who gave input from idea to production. See the process here.
There were some quality issues like threads sticking out and the leather bending oddly at the end of the flap but besides that it's the best case you could buy for the switch!
I have been wanting a switch case for a while now and I stumbled upon this case and while there are other options I believe that I you have the money and truly love to travel with you switch the CitySlicker Case might be perfect for you, and it is a premium case and you can get a strap to hang it across your chest, back, or just over the shoulder. 9/10
The WaterField City Slicker case for the Steam Deck ended up being the perfect fit for both me and the Deck itself. I'd gone through four other cases before eventually trying out the City Slicker. Whether they were too big or too small wasn't really the main issue for me. I was trying to find something that looked a bit more grown up in appearance rather than something that looked like it was clearly filled with some sort of tech gadget. Again, the Deck fits perfectly into the City Slicker (even with the Spigen Rugged Armor case on top) and has that perfect gentlemanly appearance I'd sought after. Bravo to the good folks at WaterField.
I got the White Leather, which pairs incredibly well with Dbrand's White Killswitch Skin for a luxurious tuxedo look. Speaking of the Killswitch, the CitySlicker does fit the Case + Travel Cover! It is a slight bit of a stretch at first, I believe the bag got used to it over time. It does fully tuck down now, I just have to use my thumbs a little. Unlikely, but I would love to see a minor update to this bag for the Killswitch with something like .3 of a Liter of extra space, could cut costs by removing the suede protector as the travel cover would handle that. CitySlicker fits the main case itself without the need for a gentle push. But I'm very happy with my purchase. Able to fit a wall charger and cable in the back pocket.
Handheld Gaming Community - July 15, 2022
“The Skull & Co. gripcase with Trigger Grips and my CitySlicker have become my combination of choice for comfort in playing and protection, function, and looks in storage. I honestly don't know that there's a better combination out there.”
IGN - February 20, 2018
“Very high quality…very protective..very nice.”
AppAdvice - May 31, 2017
"I recommend the Waterfield Designs’ Nintendo Switch CitySlicker case if you are searching for a superior lightweight carrying case for transporting and protecting your console."
Nintendo Life - April 17, 2017
"When it comes to premium cases for things, WaterField Design have got the market cornered as far as portable Nintendo consoles go."
9to5Toys - April 5, 2017
"It’s beautiful, it’s functional, and it’s something I’d certainly recommend to any Switch owner."
NinMobileNews - March 20, 2017
"I highly recommend it to anyone who’s looking for a stylish case for their Nintendo Switch system."
Gaming Age - March 21, 2017
"In a world where we spend $60 on a digital game, it’s a nice change to have a protective case that should last longer than most generic offerings. It’s made me more comfortable with taking my Switch out of the house. I recommend it."
Infendo - March 22, 2017
"It’s not often that you find something that you couldn’t live without, especially while thinking that you didn’t actually need it. I felt this way before I first laid my hands on the Switch, and I felt that way about owning a case for my Switch before I laid my hands on the Waterfield CitySlicker."
The Switch CitySlicker is designed to carry along the Switch or Switch Lite + essential accessories in a compact, lightweight case. The interior has specific pockets to hold the following:
- Switch Console with attached Joy-Cons or Switch Lite
- 2 Straps
- USB-C cable
- HDMI cable
- 5 Switch game cards or MicroSD Cards
- Anker PowerCore+ 20100
- Optional: 10 or 20 Game Leather Card Holder fits in the CitySlicker
*NOTE: The size for the Switch or Switch Lite in Skull & Co.'s GripCase also fits other 3rd party grip cases like these popular brands:
- Skull & Co. GripCase
Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Satisfiye grip case fits in Switch Lite in Skull Case (Stephen H., Camarillo, US)
Optional Accessories include (purchase separately):
- Full-grain leather 4-game Card Holder, 10-game Card Holder, or 20-game Card Holder Wallet (fits in the wider CitySlicker in Skull Case)
- Full-grain leather (black) Wrist Loop
- Full-grain leather 3/8" Shoulder Strap
- Brass nickel-plated Carabiner
- Black aluminum Carabiner
- Matching Sling Strap with adjustable cam lock
*NOTE: The front pocket stores accessories like a power supply, cords, and other small items. The CitySlicker also fits inside other Waterfield Bags.