All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Long-lasting, waxed canvas exterior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
Dimensions & Weight:
- 16" MacBook Pro (size #6): 14.75" (l) x 10.5 " (h); 1.35 lb
- 13” MacBook Air Retina (size #40): 12.75" (l) x 9.25 " (h); 1.20 lb
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar (size #38): 12.75" (l) x 9.25" (h); 1.20 lbs
- iPad Pro 12.9” with Magic Keyboard (size #31): TBD
- iPad Pro 12.9” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio (size #30): 12.5" (l) x 9" (h); 1.15 lb
- iPad Pro 11” with Magic Keyboard (size #29): TBD
- iPad Pro 11” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio (size #28): 11" (l) x 7.75" (h); 1.05 lb
37.46 (l) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.61 kg
32.38 (l) x 23.49 (h) cm; 0.54 kg
32.38 (l) x 23.49 (h) cm; 0.54 kg
31.75 (l) x 22.86 (h) cm; 0.25 kg
27.94 (l) x 19.68 (h) cm; 0.47 kg
- Compact, lightweight, thin profile.
- Exterior pocket for power adapter, phone, wallet and other quick-access items.
- Premium full-grain leather flap.
- Includes removable shoulder strap.
- Rear pocket for additional easy-access storage.
- Pull tab at the bottom to easily slide the MacBook or iPad in our out.
Great item ... thanks!
The only bad thing about the Outback Solo case is that I had limited time to use it before the Great Lockdown. However it is a lovely bit of kit and perfect for taking the Surface Pro X to conferences, coffees shops and the like with just enough rooms for essentials (charger, few cables). I'd recommend the Mu One USB-C or similar for on the move with it. It also doubles as a sleeve for my use, being snug enough to then fit inside my 15" laptop bag or carry on (remember those days..) along with other devices. Good stuff and its dual use renders the cost (justified for the quality) even better value.
I really like the quality of the bag. I was going to use it to carry my Macbook Pro for school. I found that I needed to carry a bit more stuff and opted for the Vitesse Messenger bag instead. It is great if you want to minimize what you carry with you.
I was looking for a compact yet stylish bag for my daily, office run (when I do not need to carry dongles, power supply etc, unlike when I am traveling) and this fits the bill perfectly!
Never had such an unique and wonderful bag! Materials are awesome too.
Will defenetly buy another one soon. Greetings from germany , munich.
Windows Central - August 20, 2018
"For those who want a classic leather bag that is the perfect size for the diminutive Surface Go look no further than the Outback Solo."
Tools & Toys - August 1, 2017
"For the first time, I’m genuinely excited about the bag I’m carrying. I have what I need, and a minimal messenger silhouette to match. If the concept of a minimal daily carry — that gives constant little reminders of how special it is — appeals to you, I strongly recommend the Outback Solo by WaterField."
The main compartment in the Outback Solo is custom-fit for devices, like the:
Apple MacBook & iPad Pro
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13” MacBook Air Retina
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- iPad 12.9” with NEW Magic Keyboard
- iPad 11” with NEW Magic Keyboard
Microsoft Surface (see the Outback Solo for Surface)
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 7 (and previous Surface Pro models)
- Surface Go
- Surface Book 3 & 2 13.5-inch
- Surface Book 3 & 2 15 inch
Others (see the Outback Solo for Laptops and Tablets)
- Pixel Slate
- reMarkable (fits in Size #28)
The front pocket stores accessories like a power supply, cords, and other small items. It has a built-in pocket for the Surface Pen or Apple Pencil 2, and one for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. The back pocket can fit documents and other items.