All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Long-lasting, waxed canvas exterior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- 16" MacBook Pro (size #6): 14.75" (l) x 10.5 " (h); 1.35 lb
- 13” MacBook Air Retina (size #40): 12.75" (l) x 9.25 " (h); 1.20 lb
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar (size #38): 12.75" (l) x 9.25" (h); 1.20 lbs
- iPad Pro 12.9” with Magic Keyboard (size #31): 12.5" (l) x 10.25" (h); 1.15 lb
- iPad Pro 12.9” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio (size #30): 12.5" (l) x 9" (h); 1.15 lb
- iPad Pro 11” with Magic Keyboard (size #29): 11" (l) x 8.25" (h); 1.10 lb
- iPad Pro 11” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio (size #28): 11" (l) x 7.75" (h); 1.05 lb
- iPad Air with Magic Keyboard (size #29): 11" (l) x 8.25" (h); 1.10 lb
37.46 (l) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.61 kg
32.38 (l) x 23.49 (h) cm; 0.54 kg
32.38 (l) x 23.49 (h) cm; 0.54 kg
31.75 (l) x 26.03 (h) cm; 0.25 kg
31.75 (l) x 22.86 (h) cm; 0.25 kg
27.94 9l) x 20.95 (h) cm; 0.49 kg
27.94 (l) x 19.68 (h) cm; 0.47 kg
27.94 (l) x 20.95 (h) cm; 0.49 kg
- Premium full-grain leather flap.
- Compact, lightweight, thin profile.
- Includes removable shoulder strap.
- Rear pocket for additional easy-access storage.
- Pull tab at the bottom to easily slide the MacBook or iPad in or out.
- Exterior pocket for power adapter, phone, wallet and other quick-access items.
I had the Outback for 3 years with my previous iPad Pro 10.5. Recently I upgraded to the M1 iPad Pro 11 inch with the Magic Keyboard, and so i purchased the Outback for that model/combination.
I use the Outback daily to take my iPad to the office. This newer Outback fits the iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard perfectly. It’s not too tight to have to force the iPad in/out, nor is it a loose, sloppy fit. The padding gives me peace of mind when I’m setting down the bag, knowing that it’s cushioned.
The outside pocket maintains a slim design, but carries all I need. I always put into the pocket a 30W Apple charger, a 2-meter charger cable, iPhone and phone charger cable, Apple Pencil, and AirPods. There is room to spare for other things that I occasionally add like keys, a hard drive, dongles, etc.
The strap is super convenient. It frees up my hands going to/from car to office. it’s a personal preference of mine rather than having my hands full of things when I walk.
The overall form factor maintains the simplicity of the iPad, which for me has replaced my laptop.
Lastly, Waterfield gives great attention to detail. For example, the older Outback for the 10.5 iPad had a pencil sleeve in the flap area because the original apple pencil was too long/tall for for the outside pocket. That worked well. However, I’m glad to have the pencil sleeve moved to inside the pocket now because it’s immediately noticeable if the pencil is in there, rather than having to flip over the bag to see if the pencil is in the flap. It’s a small thing, which is my point. Little things like this show how Waterfield thinks through every detail of their bags.
Very high quality, stylish, perfect fit, great customer service.
Just got my new WaterField Designs bag for my new M1 iPad Pro 12.9” and am very pleased indeed with the design and quality.
Exactly what I hoped it would be. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with when I'm in the market for the new M2 14" Mac Pro.
You can't beat bespoke. Lovely leather and great wax cotton finish.
Haven’t got to use the bag yet as I’m still waiting on my iPad to be delivered but I’m very satisfied with the quality of this bag. I bought the iPhone pouch maybe a year ago and still use it today. Very satisfied
I’m new to the WaterField Brand and it's my first purchase from them, and it won’t be my last.
I purchased the Outback Sole for my 11” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard and I absolutely love it. It’s well worth the money and will be the last case I’ll need to buy for years to come, it's now become my go-to bag, and the build quality is fantastic and really well made as well as being very functional. Delivery service was very fast as it arrived in the UK just three days after placing my order. I’m now considering getting the Small Gear Pouch to fit into the front pocket to keep all my cables and accessories together. I honestly can’t say enough good things about it, it's just that good. Thanks Gary and the staff at Waterfields for making this great bag for my iPad Pro
Windows Central - August 20, 2018
"For those who want a classic leather bag that is the perfect size for the diminutive Surface Go look no further than the Outback Solo."
Tools & Toys - August 1, 2017
"For the first time, I’m genuinely excited about the bag I’m carrying. I have what I need, and a minimal messenger silhouette to match. If the concept of a minimal daily carry — that gives constant little reminders of how special it is — appeals to you, I strongly recommend the Outback Solo by WaterField."
The main compartment in the Outback Solo is custom-fit for devices, like the:
Apple MacBook & iPad Pro
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13” MacBook Air
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
Microsoft Surface (see the Outback Solo for Surface)
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 7 (and previous Surface Pro models)
- Surface Go
- Surface Book 3 & 2 13.5-inch
- Surface Book 3 & 2 15 inch
Others (see the Outback Solo for Laptops and Tablets)
- Pixel Slate
- reMarkable (fits in Size #28)
The front pocket stores accessories like a power supply, cords, and other small items. It has a built-in pocket for the Surface Pen or Apple Pencil 2, and one for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. The back pocket can fit documents and other items.