Outback Solo Case for MacBook, iPad Pro, and Surface Pro
Fits the NEW! Surface Pro 7, Surface X
- Product Info
- What Fits
Slim profile. The handsome, compact Outback Solo holds a range of accessories in a wide front pocket, and the custom-sized main compartment cushions various MacBooks, Surface laptops and iPads.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Long-lasting, waxed canvas exterior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
Dimensions & Weight:
- #30 - iPad Pro 12.9” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio: 12.5 x 9 inches; 1.15 lbs.
- #28 - iPad Pro 11” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio: 11 x 7.75 inches; 1.05 lbs.
- #40 - 13” MacBook Air Retina; 12.75 x 9.25 inches, 1.20 lbs.
- #39 - 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar: 14.5 x 10.5 inches, 1.45 lbs.
- #38 - 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar: 12.75 x 9.25 inches, 1.20 lbs.
- #37 - 12" MacBook: 11.75 x 8.5 inches, .85 lbs
- #14 - Surface Book 2 (15”): 15 x 10.25 inches, 1.8 lbs.
- #16 - Surface Book 2 (13.5”): 13.25 x 10.5 inches, 1.7 lbs
- #20 - Surface Pro 7: 12.5 x 8.5 inches, 1.3 lbs.
- Magnetic closure
- Compact, lightweight, thin profile
- Exterior pocket for power adapter, phone, wallet and other quick-access items
- Premium full-grain leather flap
- Includes removable shoulder strap
- Rear pocket for additional easy-access storage
- Pull tab at the bottom to easily slide the Surface in our out
The main compartment in the Outback Solo is custom-fit for devices, like the:
- iPad 12.9” Face I.D. Apple Smart Keyboard Folio
- iPad 11” Face I.D. Apple Smart Keyboard Folio
- 13” MacBook Air Retina
- MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (15" & 13")
- 12" MacBook
- NEW! Surface Pro 7 (and previous Surface Pro models)
- Surface Laptop 2
- Surface Go
- Surface Book 2 13.5-inch
- Surface Book 2 15 inch
- Pixel Slate
- reMarkable (fits in Size #28)
Windows Central - August 20, 2018
"For those who want a classic leather bag that is the perfect size for the diminutive Surface Go look no further than the Outback Solo."
Tools & Toys - August 1, 2017
"For the first time, I’m genuinely excited about the bag I’m carrying. I have what I need, and a minimal messenger silhouette to match. If the concept of a minimal daily carry — that gives constant little reminders of how special it is — appeals to you, I strongly recommend the Outback Solo by WaterField."
My husband wanted one for a gift, he got it. He likes it. Happy husband.
Waterfield keep making superb products! Another winner with this Outback Solo Bag, I got the one for iPad 12.9. It’s a snug fit. I am planning to use this for my 11” iPad Pro, and will buy another one, maybe the 15” MacBook Pro one to be used with my MacBook 13” or my iPad Pro 12.9.
Thank you WaterField Team 👍🏽
as of today, I love the product alot. if i was to give it a bit of critice, its how snug it is. i want it snug ofc. but! it was also kind of to snug, to the point where its a bit inconvinient with how much force it takes to remove the device from it. but this might simply become better with time. craftmanship and sending time is fantastic. great work guys! and stay hyderated
Incredible craftmenship, feels like it will last for years to come and at a respectable price. Cannot recommend enough.
This is the perfect minimalistic bag if you want to just carry the bare essentials.
Is the bag water resistant?
The waxed canvas and leather are both water resistant and should keep the device inside dry should you find yourself without an umbrella in the rain. However, we do not recommend taking your Outback Solo for a swim.
Does the flap open up on its own?
The magnetic closure keeps the flap securely fastened on the outer front of your bag.
What else can I carry in the Solo?
The Solo was designed to transport just the essentials— the device, power, a phone and wallet. However, people have put a small tablet in one of the pockets. In a pinch, this can also be used as a handsome general purpose carry-all if the device is taken out.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
"I’m moving from a 1 to a 10 on the style scale. It’s a beautiful bag."
Sleevecase was for backpack. Now solo.
Outback Solo Bag serving while Deployed
Outback Solo - Shiek, Lightweight