Sutter Tech Sling
For the NEW Apple iPad Pro, MacBook, Surface Pro Pro X, Pro 7
- Product Info
- What Fits
Minimalist Everyday Carry. Take your iPad Pro, MacBook or Surface Pro, plus a folio and stylus in the Sutter Tech Sling on creative explorations. The Sling stays balanced on your back and swings around one shoulder for easy access in crowded spaces.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
Dimensions & Weight:
- Standard: 11.5" x 8" x 3"; 1.25 lbs. Volume: 4.5 Liters
- Full: 14" x 9.5" x 3"; 1.5 lbs. Volume: 6.5 Liters
- Adjustable Cam-lock
- YKK zipper
- D-ring-to-strap - 180-degree swivel strap attachment means the bag stays flat on your back, regardless of positioning.
- Flexible strap options - strap attaches to D-ring on left or right side of wearing over either shoulder.
- One-handed cam lock buckle - lets you quickly adjust how the bag rests against your body without moving it.
- Removable shoulder pad - spreads weight evenly to give your back and shoulder a bit of relief.
- Padded tablet/laptop compartment - standard size fits 11” an Full size fits 12.9” iPad Pro (with or without Keyboard Folio); situated in very back to keep Sling flat against body.
- Swing around front pocket - accessible via the left or right side.
- Interior hand pocket - keeps small items easily accessible.
- Three interior pen pockets - stows Apple Pencil and your favorite sketching pens.
- Gold interior lining - in front pocket and main compartment for visibility.
- Inset waterproof front zippers - keeps the zippers, which are most susceptible to water seepage, protected from rain.
- Interior key fob attachment - keeps keys quickly findable.
- Rear mesh padding - enhances airflow and cushioning.
- Optional Stylus Pencil Case for holding Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, or any other stylus.
The Sutter Tech Sling is the perfect carry for taking the iPad Pro on creative explorations. Also fits the MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 7.
- Standard: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- iPad Pro 11” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro Go
- Full: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12.75" x 9.25”
- iPad Pro 12.9" with Smart Keyboard Folio
- 13” MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
GearDiary - April 10, 2019
“I love WaterField bags, backpacks and gear pouches. I’m a fan of sling-style bags. And I love the WaterField Sutter Tech Sling. It’s a sling bag that’s all WaterField. And that’s a good thing.”
GeekDad - March 8, 2019
“If you are going to carry technology around, you might as well do it with some utility and a bit of style. One of the latest bags from Waterfield, the Sutter Tech Sling, manages to do both.”
The Gadgeteer - January 23, 2019
“The Sutter Sling has gained my respect as a well-conceived update to earlier slings, that can accommodate your daily minimum carry, be it a laptop, tablet, or books and papers.”
Macworld - November 27, 2018
“It comes as close to perfection as anything I’ve ever used.”
Wonderfully made. It is compact, bus surprisingly commodious. Looks awesome. Wear it when e-scootering around NYC. Hot stuff!
I bought this bag as a gift for my partner. Hes super specific with the bags he uses, and he absolutely loves it!! Looks great, fits everything perfectly and it actually fit more than i expected. Its also really good quality, and arrived super quick. I also got the little pencil bag and its great quality as well. Overall recommend!
I’m a bit of a bag snob and have a lot of various brands ... from tumi sling / alpha bravos to REI / Thule more utilitarian slings ... this bag caught my eye because it was the “right” size for daily carry of multiple 13” devices with room for accessories .... I actually fit a 15” MBP with tech 21 clear plastic case in as well ... but if carrying a 15” then there is less room obviously for the various power adapters etc,
The build quality is impressive ... The water resistance is excellent and was put to a test within 24 hours of receiving when I got caught out in the rain ...
Zippers = great quality ... they have a quasi sealed cover that helps in the water resistance.
Straps, buckles, padding ... all very nice and they feel better than I was expecting ...:
Lining = sharp color that helps contrast contents without being overly loud ... (same concept as Briggs and Reilly’s “orange” interior on their verb series - but not as loudly “bright” ) ... I like their choice on this,
It works well both in casual jeans - and in a suit ... I don’t think I would use it for hiking or more rugged adventures - mainly because I have other cheaper options that help keep this one looking nice :)
Overall - well deserving of its 5-stars and I happily am now using this most every day!
Thanks for being a US company and manufacturing domestically ... I’m happy to pay a little bit more when I get such a high quality product,
I got this as a gift because I was putting off getting it for myself and I couldn’t be happier. It fits more than you would think, and can be casual or dressed up. Goes with pretty much anything and is very convenient to toss over your shoulder and run out the door. Made with high quality material as well. Shipping was very quick and I very pleased with this bag
What makes the Sutter Tech Sling comfortable for your shoulder and back?
First, the top strap attachment swivels 180 degrees so the Sutter Tech Sling stays vertical on your back as you move about. This allows for a more balanced weight distribution. Second, the wide pad helps keep the strap from digging into your shoulders. Third, the cam lock lets you adjust the strap while you are wearing the Sling so you can always get the proper fit.
What do you mean by easy-access or one-hand access?
We designed the Sutter Tech Sling so you can quickly and easily access its contents with one hand. If you’re in a crowd with limited personal space, you can quickly swing it in front of you to access items from the front pocket. The dual zippers in the main compartment also let you access items in there.
Why is the bag lined gold?
First, the liner adds a bit of protection for the different items you carry inside. Second, we chose gold because this lighter, brighter color makes it easier to quickly see the contents inside your pouch.
What are splash-proof zippers?
These zippers from YKK, a trusted name in the zipper industry, are water-repellent and add another level of protection to the contents inside the Sutter Tech Sling.
What type of leather is used for the front panel?
We use premium, full grain leather. This is the most durable (and expensive) part of the hide with a really tight grain. Scratches on the surface are signs that this is the real thing, and it will develop a beautiful patina over time.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
"Holds a lot in a small form factor."
"A highlight is the cam lock that can be adjusted with one hand."
"I love the quality and smell of real leather."
"The ONE— I have looked and looked for the "perfect" EDC bag."
"Been looking for something like this for years and finally have it."
"Just what I have been waiting for. This could become a future iconic accessory."
"It's lightweight but holds quite a bit."