All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black Ballistic nylon
- Full-grain leather accents (no skimping on the leather)
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 13.5” (l) x 7” (w) x 16.5” (h); 3.1 lbs.
34.29 (l) x 17.78 (w) x 41.91 (h) cm; 1.41 kg
Volume: 25.5 liters
- Stands upright when it’s set down.
- Comfortable, padded shoulder straps.
- Back slot for slipping onto suitcase handles.
- Premium full grain leather front panel and handle.
- Two large side pockets for water bottle and small items.
- Top handle is premium leather for a more comfortable grip.
- Top front pocket that’s deep enough to hold items securely.
- The optional Executive Folio is easily removable to take for short meetings.
- Two zip pockets on the front panel to quickly access items when swinging the backpack from the shoulder.
- Two main chambers: back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio. Front chamber is spacious enough to hold other items needed for a day at the office.
Not that practical for flying as it is fairly bulky and not very comfortable to wear on your back. But like how it goes on a roller bag and all the compartments.
My last bag from another company had a zipper pull come off, making it difficult to zip. So I decided I needed a new bag. I knit and carry a MacBook and iPad mostly with my backpacks. I love the way this bag remains upright, my old bag always fell over. The back section holds both my MacBook Pro and IPad Pro with a bit of room for a file or two. The main section is perfect for hold my knitting project and supplies. The only thing I miss is being able to carry my AirPod Max in my Waterfield carry case on the backpack when I travel. I need to figure a way to attach them or see if I can make it fit inside. I have several cases from this company, I’m happy with them all.
Since switching to fully remote, I’ve been on the hunt for a bag I could both travel with and use in my day to day. The problem that I was running into is that I need to carry my work laptop, personal laptop, tablet, and gear. Having to fit this all in one bag was either cumbersome or, more often, I was having to carry both my existing laptop backpack AND a briefcase.
The Pro Executive backpack has solved this for me, as I’m able to fit all of my gear and it looks great while doing so!
Perfect size with storage space and the quality of the bag cannot be beat. The look is just amazing best bag I own
I always wanted the Pro Executive Laptop Backpack. When they released the limited addition waxed canvas I ran to my MAC to place the order. I love it. It looks amazing. It cradles my MAC like champion. I can even carry my Keypad Keyboard inside the WaterField sleeve in the front area of the back back. The gold interior makes is easy for viewing what’s inside. Thanks for my EDC lifetime backpack.
WaterField Pro Executive Backpack Review: A Well-Organized and Professional Backpack That’s Perfect for Commuters, Road Warriors, and Remote Workers
GearDiary - January 18, 2022
“If you’ve been looking for a well-designed bag that can carry everything a successful remote worker or road warrior might need, a bag that is so well constructed that you’ll be proud to carry it for decades, the WaterField Pro Executive Backpack should be at the top of your list. It’s truly the goldilocks of professional backpacks; it’s just right.”
BagWorks - October 8, 2018
“The Pro Executive Backpack from Waterfield Designs is an exceedingly great bag for any of you business-y type people out there.”
MacDirectory - August 18, 2018
"We never thought we’d use the word “breathtaking” to describe a backpack, but that’s the only word that really describes WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack.”
Gadgeteer - August 12, 2018
"Waterfield’s crowd-sourced, collaborative effort has hit the mark, creating an exceptionally functional, nicely laid out backpack with a sophisticated look suitable for any business situation.”
WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack: A perfect business backpack created with the help of customers
ZDNet - June 4, 2018
"it is clear to me that the WaterField Designs Pro Executive Laptop Backpack gets everything right and is the best bag I have ever tested…”
The Pro Backpack is available in one size, divided into two chambers: front chamber is spacious enough to hold items needed for a day at the office. The back chamber zips down to carry laptop or tablet, documents, and the Executive Folio.
The Padded laptop/tablet compartment fits devices up to 14.5" x 10"
- 14" MacBook Pro M2
- 16" MacBook Pro M2
- Surface Laptop 5 (15")
The 14” Executive Folio can fit devices up to 12.5" x 9"
- 14" MacBook Pro M1 (tight fit)
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- 12.9" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Laptop 5 (13.5")
- Surface Pro 9 with Type Cover
- Dell XPS 13"
The 16” Executive Folio can fit devices up to 14.5" x 10"
- 14" MacBook Pro M2
- 16" MacBook Pro M2
- Dell XPS 15"
Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Lenovo X1 Carbon, Yoga 720 (13") fits in the Laptop Compartment
- Dell XPS 13, 15 fits in the Laptop Compartment
- 15" Dell Inspiron fits in the Laptop Compartment (Terrance, H., Atlanta, US)