All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Waxed Canvas or 1050 Denier Ballistic Nylon body for durability
- Full-grain premium leather Flap and Handle
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- 13" Staad Attaché: 14” (l) x 3.5” (w) x 10.5” (h); 1.8 lbs.
- 15" Staad Attaché: 16” (l) x 3.5” (w) x 11.25” (h); 2.15 lbs.
35.56 (l) x 8.89 (w) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.81 kg
Volume: 8.5 Liters
40.64 (l) x 8.89 (w) x 28.57 (h) cm; 0.97 kg
Volume: 10.25 Liters
- Easy-to-see gold liner.
- Pocket in the back for quick access.
- Paragliding buckle secures the flap.
- Flap is double-sided full-grain leather.
- Convenient passthrough for carry-on handles.
- Fully-padded built-in laptop and tablet pockets.
- Dedicated pocket for the Apple Pencil or Surface Pen.
- Two front angled pockets for faster access to phones, keys, wallets, etc.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
My very first purchase from Waterfield was in 2013 and the bag is still in use today and looks still great. I have now ordered the Staad Attache Brief and I am very happy with it. The workmanship is again top notch. I am so impressed with it that I bought a second one as a present.
Thoroughly enjoying using this bag - has a great feel to it and my laptop and Ipad are kept safe!! Still figuring out what to put in the other spaces and that's part of the fun!!
While I might have had my doubts—small doubts, but doubts none of the less—once I received my Staad Attaché Laptop Messenger Brief and started using it a few times, I knew that I finally* hit the jackpot.
*Finally simply because I’ve been looking to replace my Tumi messenger bag for quite some time and tried getting various replacements—all “big social-media-savvy brand names”—and NONE provided the quality, beauty and, most importantly, satisfaction of my Waterfield Design bag.
I will simply say WF Designs has me as an extremely satisfied customer for life, period full stop. I’ve already shown my bag/brief to numerous people and they’ve all raved how gorgeous it is. (Not that that matters to me).
The bag is way more beautiful than I had imagined. The quality is great as well. And the leather smell, it’s amazing. I’m really happy as you can probably tell.
I used a Targus backpack that was black, orange, and gray before I picked up this bad boy. I love the bag — it's extremely well-made,. It has enough room for everything I need, but not too much so that I become a pack rat. I love the leather that you use (always have) and the waxed fabric is nice. And I like that dual-sided single pocket way more than I thought I would. This is my last laptop bag.
iMore - December 2016
"If you need a stylish bag for the new MacBook Pro or your iPad, you can't go wrong with the Waterfield Staad: It has a cushioned compartment for your primary device and pockets and pouches to spare." — Serenity Caldwell
MacTrast - March 4, 2016
“WaterField Designs has expertly paired a modern textile like ballistic nylon and double-sided full-grain leather into yet another wonderful bag. Apple gadgets, with their highly engineered aesthetics, will look right at home in it.”
Mac Aficianados - March 11, 2016
“Si vous êtes à la recherche d’un excellent sac de transport pour vos produits électroniques et que vous possédez aussi un iPad Pro, le Staad Attaché de WaterField est ce qui se fait de mieux dans le genre.”
iMore - March 7, 2016
“If you want quality craftsmanship and a bag that can fit your iPad Pro, accessories, and still leave room for your wallet and snacks, you'll love the Staad Attaché.”
MacSparky - February 08, 2016
“Best of all, the Staad Attaché is extremely attractive and absolutely fits in a professional environment. It's the perfect size for my iPad Pro or MacBook (or both) when I'm on the road and want to look professional.”
Apple World Today - February 01, 2016
“WaterField Designs touts its Staad Attaché, as 'a beautifully-designed, unique bag for the new Apple iPad Pro and 13-inch MacBooks.' The company imagines you’ll fill it with either the tablet or laptop, but I stash both in mine — and it works great.”
Cult of Mac - January 12, 2016
“Like a valued attaché in the foreign service, the Staad is ready to serve without calling much attention to itself.”
The Staad Attaché comes in two sizes, each with a padded laptop compartment and a padded tablet compartment. Below are the devices that fit in these compartments:
- Full Size - Laptop Compartment fits devices up to 14.25" x 9.75"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 3 & 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (15")
- Full Size - Tablet Compartment fits devices up to 12" x 8.75"
- iPad Pro 11”, 12.9” with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go with Type Cover
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Pixel Slate
- Compact Size - Laptop Compartment fits devices up to 13" x 9"
- 13” MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9” iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
- Compact Size - Tablet Compartment fits devices up to 12" x 8.75"
- iPad Pro 11", 12.9" with NEW Magic Keyboard
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Pro 6, Go with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 13 fits in Compact Size (Justin R.)
- Surface Go fits in Full Size (Brendan B., Auckland,NZ)
- Surface book 2 15" fits in Full Size (Brendan B., Auckland,NZ)