All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- High-grade, shock absorbent neoprene interior
- Long-lasting, waxed canvas exterior
- Premium, full-grain leather flap
Dimensions & Weight:
- #6 - 16" MacBook Pro: TBD
- #40 - 13” MacBook Air Retina: 12.75 x 9.25 inches, 1.20 lbs.
- #38 - 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar: 12.75 x 9.25 inches, 1.20 lbs.
- #30 - iPad Pro 12.9” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio: 12.5 x 9 inches; 1.15 lbs.
- #28 - iPad Pro 11” Face I.D. w/ Smart Keyboard Folio: 11 x 7.75 inches; 1.05 lbs.
- #14 - Surface Book 2 (15”): 15 x 10.25 inches, 1.8 lbs.
- #16 - Surface Book 2 (13.5”): 13.25 x 10.5 inches, 1.7 lbs
- #20 - Surface Pro 7: 12.5 x 8.5 inches, 1.3 lbs.
- #4 - Surface Pro X: TBD
- Compact, lightweight, thin profile.
- Exterior pocket for power adapter, phone, wallet and other quick-access items.
- Premium full-grain leather flap.
- Includes removable shoulder strap.
- Rear pocket for additional easy-access storage.
- Pull tab at the bottom to easily slide the Surface in our out.
I ordered this bag to carry just my iPad Pro and a few accessories. They just barely fit. I wish I had purchased the next size up just to have a bit more storage space. WaterField was great, but the costs were very high, the said the shipping costs but the product was delivered so quikly that in my opinion these costs should never have mentioned.
It is a great beautiful bag, but in my option too expensive with the shipping costs.
I ordered this bag to carry just my iPad Pro and a few accessories. They just barely fit. I somewhat wish I had purchased the next size up just to have a bit more storage space. WaterField was great and did a custom order at now extra cost. They gave me the waxed version with the black leather and black strap. The nylon on the bottom of the bag, as well as the loops that connect to the strap are still brown. I wish those had been blacked out too, but I guess it’s on me for not asking. Other than those little gripes, the bag is top notch quality. I would recommend to anyone.
I use the iPad Pro 12.9 case for my 11 inch pro. The fit is not so tight that way. Carries all I need and looks great. I would like a grab handle as well as the shoulder strap
I like the bag quite a bit but the storage (other than the computer) is really minimal. As others have commented on I'd like a little more room for more odds and ends. Also the tight opening of the pouch makes it hard to access things in it and yet also I was spilling items as it wasn't fully secure. The solution was simple - a small zippered pouch about the size of the pocket. I keep my stuff (a pen, phone charger and cable, some adapters....) in that pouch. That keeps it from ever falling out and its easy to access by pulling the bag out and unzipping it. I used a semi transparent pouch. I'd suggest Waterfield should include a zip pouch with the bag. It's a major improvement in usability to have it.
My husband wanted one for a gift, he got it. He likes it. Happy husband.
Windows Central - August 20, 2018
"For those who want a classic leather bag that is the perfect size for the diminutive Surface Go look no further than the Outback Solo."
Tools & Toys - August 1, 2017
"For the first time, I’m genuinely excited about the bag I’m carrying. I have what I need, and a minimal messenger silhouette to match. If the concept of a minimal daily carry — that gives constant little reminders of how special it is — appeals to you, I strongly recommend the Outback Solo by WaterField."
The main compartment in the Outback Solo is custom-fit for devices, like the:
Apple MacBook & iPad Pro
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13” MacBook Air Retina
- 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- iPad 12.9” Face I.D. Apple Smart Keyboard Folio
- iPad 11” Face I.D. Apple Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 7 (and previous Surface Pro models)
- Surface Laptop 3 13.5 inch
- Surface Laptop 3 15 inch
- Surface Go
- Surface Book 2 13.5-inch
- Surface Book 2 15 inch
- Pixel Slate
- reMarkable (fits in Size #28)