Air Porter Carry-On Bag
- Product Info
- What Fits
Designed with input from customers who fly frequently, the feature-rich Air Porter carry-on stands upright under the seat so you can stretch your legs, and the Air Caddy fits in the seat-back pocket for easy in-flight access.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or waxed canvas base
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
- Splash-proof zipper
Dimensions & Weight:
- Air Porter: 15 x 10.25 x 4.5 inches; 2.4 lbs. Volume: 11.25 liters
- Caddy: 12 x 8 x 1.25 inches; 5 oz.
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Hidden magnetic closure
- Slip over rolling suitcase handle
- TSA-friendly laptop-sleeve compartment opens flat; dual handles facilitate quick grab after TSA screening
- Zippered pocket under front flap grants quick-but-secure access
- Leather flap closes with magnets at two settings allowing front pocket to be fully or partly packed and remain secured
- Padded laptop sleeve with corner cut-outs permits laptop charging while inside case
- External water-bottle/umbrella pockets snap closed when not in keeping bag svelte
- Air Porter fits Air Caddy in front pocket
- Air Caddy fits in front airline seat
- Dual main compartments keep tech and personal items separated
- Slim and stands upright under airline seats leaving ample legroom
- Waterproof exterior zippers and water-resistant lining help block the elements
- Interior key fob stores home keys for easy recovery after a long return flight
- Air Porter: fits devices up to 13.8" x 9.5"
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina, Air Retina
- iPad Pro 12.9” with Smart Keyboard Folio (1st - 3rd Gen.)
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro 6, Laptop 2, Book 2 (13.5")
- Caddy: fits devices up to 9.75" x 6.75"
- iPad Pro 11” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Go
Baker On Tech - February 11, 2018
"If you’re like me, receptive to well-made and creative new designs that help us work effectively, stay organized, and has a place for all of our essentials while travelling, give this new product strong consideration."
Gadgeteer - December 16, 2017
"The Waterfield Air Porter carry-on bag is a perfect bag for traveling. It’s large enough for just about anything you want to carry, yet small enough to fit under airline seats for easy reach."
GottaBeMobile - November 14, 2017
"This is the ultimate carry on bag for frequent fliers. No more choosing between legroom and a laptop bag when you fly."
GearDiary - November 13, 2017
"Waterfield set out to make a great travel bag and … mission accomplished. Whether you only get the Air Porter or you get the Air Porter in combination with the Air Caddy, you are sure to appreciate the design, the craftsmanship and, most importantly, the functionality of this Waterfield offering; both are great for travel."
Joe Cieplinski - October 26, 2017
"If you’re in the market for a travel carry-on that’s designed with a ton of thought and attention to detail, that’s made in America by people who are paid decent wages, and that will last for many years to come (I’m about to enter year 8 for my Muzetto) the Air Porter is certainly worth a look."
ZDNet - September 25, 2017
"The WaterField Designs Air Porter was created in collaboration with customers who travel and is perfect for those who find themselves on airplanes to get work done."
One is always nicer than the last one.
Not only my Air port Carry on bag its my daily bag to work. This is my dream come true bag perfect for its size and quality. Simply beautiful for daily and international flight.
Again thank you Gary and your team in making dreams come true.
How do you suggest I clean the ballistic nylon?
The ballistic nylon is *very* durable and will take scrubbing with a stiff brush and mild soap. Blot with towels/rags and let the case dry out. This should have the case looking good as new.
How do you suggest I clean the waxed canvas?
Waxed Canvas isn’t the easiest item on the planet to clean - part of the character-building process with Waxed Canvas is how it ages with scuffs, dirt, stains and all. Still, there are things you can do. This article gives you a good idea of how to clean and re-wax if and when you are ready. They suggest using dish soap and soft brush to clean, then drip dry, then take a hot hairdryer to heat up the wax and redistribute it. This will soften any blemishes and help with the dirt. The lines and crinkles on the waxed canvas are actually normal, and happens in shipping sometimes. All you have to do is use a hair dryer and you can flatten out the wax with your hand.
How do you suggest I clean the leather?
Actually, we suggest not doing anything. Part of the beauty of highly distressed leather develops as it gets used over time— with rain or getting bumped around. Leather conditioners will darken and alter the leather, maybe not something you desire. If at some point you want to condition the leather - we suggesting using Mink Oil. This will darken a bit at first - but will keep the leather very nice. You can also spread the oils around and smooth them out a bit with a hair dryer and your hand. Any leather discoloration or marks are straight from the actual hide itself; it's part of the character of the leather. That’s how you know it’s the real thing. Each hide has it own look; it's unique just like you. With naturally tanned leather, there's always going to be a bit of character on it that's hard to control. It's one of the reasons we like it so much, you'll always be getting a one-of-a-kind bag.
Will the Air Porter fit under the seat in front of me on a plane?
While we have tested the bag on several different planes, it should fit under most seats in front of you on a plane.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
"It's small enough to stand upright under a seat, yet fits so much inside."
"Very well-made with great materials and very fine tolerances on details such as stitching."
"Beautifully made, this is clearly a lifetime bag. Every space is efficient and purposeful."
"The quality of the bag is of the highest caliber."
"Everything I've wanted in an air-travel bag."
"Am on the road 90% for work. This bag is not just a home run; it's a grand slam."