All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic bottom panel
- Brown #10 Cotton Duck tan Waxed Canvas with leather bottom panel
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size:
16" (l) x 8.25" (w) x 10.25" (h)
Volume: 22 Liters
40.64 (l) x 20.95 (w) x 26.03 (h) cm
- Weight: Black Ballistic: 2.7 lbs. / 1.22 kg.
- Optional Air Caddy:
12 (l) x 1.25 (w) x 8 (h) inches; 5 oz.
Waxed Canvas: 3.25 lbs. / 1.47 kg.
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- External D-rings for attaching accessories.
- Rear slots for quickly hooking glasses or pens.
- Stands upright under airline seat leaving some legroom.
- Expandable end pockets hold travel documents, water bottles. etc.
- Three carry options — removable strap, leather handles, suitcase-handle passthrough.
- Office compartment lays flat for TSA screening with: padded laptop compartment, wide foam-backed pocket for papers or tablet, open-topped pockets, pen slots, and a central area for files.
- Main compartment for personal items opens with half-moon zipper into large chamber with: open-topped pockets, mesh zippered pockets, key fob, and gold lining that lights up interior.
- Pleated front pocket with interior pockets closes with leather flap secured by N35 rare-earth magnets. (Fits optional Air Caddy.)
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I purchased this bag for my first flight since the world ended... a four day excursion to the Outer Banks with childhood friends. It held my stuff on the way to the beach and on the way back. It looked good, fit in the overhead bin much easier than my old luggage, and generally made me happy, the way well made clothing and equipment always do.
Sac de très bonne finition, espace intérieur excellent avec beaucoup de pochettes. Ce côté noir avec cette finition jaune a l’intérieur... j’adore !
Merci à vous de nous proposer un produit aussi bien fini avec une taille idéale.
Air Duffel Carry-On
I was hesitant to drop four hundred dollars on a bag but the Air Duffel Carry-On is worth every penny (although I'll say it would be nice for them to wave shipping at this price point). It's built well, non flimsy and has many organizational pockets. I went with the all black and just love how clean it looks. For a guy who travels a lot with a work laptop and iPad pro it really does a perfect job at doubling as a weekend duffel and briefcase. I will say that one of the zippers is a little tough to tug on but I'm hoping it'll ease up with time. Another thing I wish was included was a nice matching leather tag for bag identification in case it gets lost/left behind somewhere. I luckily had one lying around and put it on one of the plastic rings that sits on top of the bag (see image). All and all, it's a fantastic bag and would recommend it to anyone looking for a stylish and professional looking duffel that maximizes carry-on capacity.
The Air Duffel Carry-On is very well designed. I like that it has a lot of pockets and sections so I can find things quickly and easily. That is especially important in the confines of an airplane. It has a section designed to accommodate a computer and other work items, a separate section for the Air Caddy that I use for my iPad and a main compartment that is large enough for all the things I am likely to carry on a plane or enough space for what I need for a one or two day trip. I chose the waxed canvas version and it is beautiful. I am looking forward to using it when we can travel again.
iMore - November 20, 2019
“Waterfield's Air Duffel Carry-On Bag is perfectly sized to fit under the seat on most airlines, so it can count as your personal bag rather than a carry-on. Yet, you can pack a lot into this small duffel bag, making it ideal for air travel.”
The Digital Trekker - November 10, 2019
"In conclusion, I found the bag is made very well and the design is extremely thought out. The bag did great on my trip to Ethiopia with only a few minor hic-ups. I look forward to traveling with it in the future."
ZDnet - November 7, 2019
"It is clear to me that serious travelers provided valuable feedback in designing this bag and it was a sheer pleasure to use a bag with no frustrations and clear travel optimization. Air travel is rarely a stress-free activity, but having a bag like the Air Duffel sure makes things easier."
The Air Duffel has two sections: a work compartment that includes a padded laptop pocket for storing tech gear, and a roomy main section for storing everything else. Several conveniently-placed pockets hold additional gear.
- The padded pocket in the Air Duffel Work Compartment fits these devices
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 7
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Surface Book 3 (13.5")
- And other similarly-sized laptops
- The Air Duffel Main Compartment fits assorted items one needs in-flight, and on an overnighter, like:
- Book, magazines, files
- Lunch, snacks, munchies
- Jacket, scarf, neck pillow
- A change of clothes
- The Air Duffel Zippered Side Pockets are conveniently located to store small items in a hurry, to quickly access travel documents, to store multiple cell phones, or to hold a water bottle or coffee mug.
- The Air Duffel Front Pocket runs the length of the bag and is protected by a leather flap. It can be used to stow newspapers or the optional Air Caddy. Inside, three open-topped pockets organize more small items.
NOTE: The OPTIONAL Air Caddy is custom-fitted for the front pocket of the Air Duffel and fits these tablets:
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- iPad mini
- Surface Go
- And other similarly-sized devices