All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic bottom panel
- Brown #10 Cotton Duck tan Waxed Canvas with leather bottom panel
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- Air Duffel: 16” (l) x 8.25” (w) x 10.25” (h)
- Air Duffel Weight: Black Ballistic: 2.7 lbs. / 1.22 kg.
- Optional Air Caddy: 12” (l) x 1.25” (w) x 8” (h); 5 oz.
40.64 (l) x 20.95 (w) x 26.03 (h) cm
Volume: 22 liters
Waxed Canvas: 3.25 lbs. / 1.47 kg
30.48 (l) x 3.18 (w) x 20.32 (h) cm; 142 gm
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- Stands upright under airline seat leaving some legroom.
- Office compartment lays flat for TSA screening with: padded laptop compartment, wide foam-backed pocket for papers or tablet, open-topped pockets, pen slots, and a central area for files.
- Main compartment for personal items opens with half-moon zipper into large chamber with: open-topped pockets, mesh zippered pockets, key fob, and gold lining that lights up interior.
- Expandable end pockets hold travel documents, water bottles. etc. Easily accessed when under airline seat in front of you.
- Pleated front pocket with interior pockets closes with leather flap secured by N35 rare-earth magnets. (Fits optional Air Caddy.)
- Rear slots for quickly hooking glasses or pens.
- Three carry options — removable strap, leather handles, suitcase-handle passthrough.
- External D-rings for attaching accessories.
This bag is amazing. I bought it to carry my D&D books and supplies. Being a nerd, I like to carry multiple books. This bag easily fits 6 rule books, my iPad with case, a notebook, writing utensils, my miniatures case, a water bottle, and my dice bag. The bag is also beautiful and well crafted. After purchasing this bag I am looking for reasons to buy another bag from Waterfield.
After receiving my Air Duffel I decided to give it the ultimate test, and use it as my only bag on a 4 ½ day trip to Istanbul. My order included an Air Caddy, which I put into the front flap compartment of the Air Duffel and used to store my iPad and other things I wanted for in-flight use, and I added to the bag a MacBook Sleeve Case for my MacBook Air (I put that in the zippered rear compartment so I could just take that to meetings and leave the Air Duffel in my hotel room) and a Piggyback Accessory Pack for my cables and chargers that I clipped to the outside of the Air Duffel while traveling to save space in the bag, and to the outside of the Sleeve Case when using that. In the main compartment of the Air Duffel I had my toilet case, socks and underwear for four days, four dress shirts, a pair of trousers, two neckties, and a rain shell. The side pockets of the Air Duffel had my water bottle and a compact travel umbrella. I use the roll-up method of packing clothes and could have fit one more pair of trousers if needed, or crammed the Piggyback Case into the main compartment if absolutely necessary. Instead, I had a bunch of magazines and other papers on top of the clothing in the main compartment.
Conclusion: the experiment was a complete success. The bag fit perfectly under the seat in front of me and was comfortable to carry, either by the handles or by the shoulder strap, even when packed full, on long slogs around airports. I was able to bring everything I needed for the international trip without compromising on what I wanted. I don't have to tell anyone here about the build quality and good looks - it's a Waterfield design, after all. So if you're looking for a bag that can handle all your needs on for a 4-day international business trip while looking great and being compact enough to carry on-board and fit under an airline seat, look no further. For even shorter trips, it's all I'm ever going to need to use.
I have to be careful revealing too much of a plan for world domination because a clever soul will put all the pieces together and beat me to it. With that said my wax canvas air duffel carry-on bag is the penultimate step in my 10-part plan to take over of the world (My world at least). I have to be careful revealing too much of the plan for world domination because a clever soul will put all the pieces together and beat me to it. The bag is small enough for me to carry every day whether I'm walking, in my car, or flying off to destinations as assigned. Yet it is large enough to carry everything I need to survive for up to a 72-hour excursion.
P.S. Those who are consumed with thoughts of world domination understand the need to reveal more than they should through monologuing although keeping quiet and executing the blueprint would serve them best. But we just can’t help it because we need to let others know the pure genius of plan so they can revel in it too. So here it is because I can't help myself. Other key pieces of my top-secret plan code named BAGS (Better Arranged Gadget System) include smaller wax canvas Gear Pouches and retired black leather Finn wallets that fit within the air duffel for the ultimate organizational experience. Uh oh, did I say too much?
The Air Duffel has two sections: a work compartment that includes a padded laptop pocket for storing tech gear, and a roomy main section for storing everything else. Several conveniently-placed pockets hold additional gear.
- The padded pocket in the Air Duffel Work Compartment: fits devices up to 14.25" x 9.75"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Air, Retina
- iPad Pro 12.9” with Smart Keyboard Folio (1st - 3rd Gen.)
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 7
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- The Air Duffel Main Compartment fits assorted items one needs in-flight, and on an overnighter, like:
- book, magazines, files
- lunch, snacks, munchies
- jacket, scarf, neck pillow
- a change of clothes
- The Air Duffel Zippered Side Pockets are conveniently located to store small items in a hurry, to quickly access travel documents, to store multiple cell phones, or to hold a water bottle or coffee mug.
- The Air Duffel Front Pocket runs the length of the bag and is protected by a leather flap. It can be used to stow newspapers or the optional Air Caddy. Inside, three open-topped pockets organize more small items.
NOTE: The OPTIONAL Air Caddy is custom-fitted for the front pocket of the Air Duffel and fits devices up to 9.75" x 6.75"
- iPad Pro 11” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Go