All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic bottom panel
- Brown #10 Cotton Duck tan Waxed Canvas with leather bottom panel
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size:
16" (l) x 8.25" (w) x 10.25" (h)
Volume: 22 Liters
40.64 (l) x 20.95 (w) x 26.03 (h) cm
- Weight: Black Ballistic: 2.7 lbs. / 1.22 kg.
- Optional Air Caddy:
12 (l) x 1.25 (w) x 8 (h) inches; 5 oz.
Waxed Canvas: 3.25 lbs. / 1.47 kg.
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- External D-rings for attaching accessories.
- Rear slots for quickly hooking glasses or pens.
- Stands upright under airline seat leaving some legroom.
- Expandable end pockets hold travel documents, water bottles. etc.
- Three carry options — removable strap, leather handles, suitcase-handle passthrough.
- Office compartment lays flat for TSA screening with: padded laptop compartment, wide foam-backed pocket for papers or tablet, open-topped pockets, pen slots, and a central area for files.
- Main compartment for personal items opens with half-moon zipper into large chamber with: open-topped pockets, mesh zippered pockets, key fob, and gold lining that lights up interior.
- Pleated front pocket with interior pockets closes with secured leather flap (Fits optional iPad Mini and iPad 11'' Air Caddy ). Optional 12.9'' Air Caddy for the iPad Pro fits in the main compartment.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
Someone has common sense of how to improvise and maximize bag space. Can't wait to use this through TSA Xray lines. And show off my new traveling bag!
Got this bag for my husband because I want him to love traveling more. He took it as his weekend bag to a family reunion this weekend and it worked great! This is his fourth Waterfield bag and highly unlikely to be the last; appreciate how well made it is and thoughtfully designed. We are both over packers and he was able to fit the three pairs of shorts, 5 pairs of socks, five pairs of underwear, four t shirts, Bluetooth over the ear headphones and his Waterfield Nintendo Switch City Slicker case designed for the Skull & Co. case ( he loves that too) all in the main compartment and all our chargers for the weekend went nicely in the magnetic front pouch while he had his glasses and air pods in the side pouches. If it wasn’t a busy family reunion weekend he would have had more then enough room for his laptop in that designated pocket but he didn’t need it. He can’t wait to take it flying next month! Buy with confidence.
I regularly air travel for work and this bag is the perfect for traveling!
My search for the ideal bag for air travel is over. The Air Duffel was designed with input from frequent travelers and it shows!. The bag has a variety of compartments designed for specific tasks. The back work compartment holds my 14" MacBook Pro, pens, and work flies nicely. I use the magnetic front flap for items frequently needed in the airport, and it's a quick place to stash pocket items before going through security. I keep a compact umbrella in one of the two end compartments, and a small power strip and some chargers in the other. This leaves the central duffel for the Air Caddy that holds my 12.9" IPadPro, a Dell 14" auxiliary monitor, and plenty of room left for miscellaneous items. On the plane I pull out the Air Caddy and stash the duffel under the seat; the Air Caddy's two compartments hold my iPad, earbuds, a book and/or Kindle and anything else I might want during a flight. For trips where I need less electronics there would be plenty of space for everything I need for a one or two night trip without a full-sized carryon. Very pleased with this bag!
My wife and I will be traveling a lot in retirement and wanted to have the perfect luggage for traveling light. The Air Duffels are the perfect “personal item” for each of us to use in conjunction with our carry-on suitcases. We love that they stand upright beneath the airline seat in front of us while still allowing room to stretch out our legs. The end pockets provide easy access to our water bottles and snacks. The duffels conveniently slip over the handles of our roller carry-on for easy/secure transport. They are well made and stylish, we are happy customers.
iMore - November 20, 2019
“Waterfield's Air Duffel Carry-On Bag is perfectly sized to fit under the seat on most airlines, so it can count as your personal bag rather than a carry-on. Yet, you can pack a lot into this small duffel bag, making it ideal for air travel.”
The Digital Trekker - November 10, 2019
"In conclusion, I found the bag is made very well and the design is extremely thought out. The bag did great on my trip to Ethiopia with only a few minor hic-ups. I look forward to traveling with it in the future."
ZDnet - November 7, 2019
"It is clear to me that serious travelers provided valuable feedback in designing this bag and it was a sheer pleasure to use a bag with no frustrations and clear travel optimization. Air travel is rarely a stress-free activity, but having a bag like the Air Duffel sure makes things easier."
The Air Duffel has two sections: a work compartment that includes a padded laptop pocket for storing tech gear, and a roomy main section for storing everything else. Several conveniently-placed pockets hold additional gear.
- The padded pocket in the Air Duffel Work Compartment fits these devices
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 14" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro
- NEW 15" MacBook Air
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro 9
- Surface Pro 7+
- Surface Laptop 4 (13.5")
- And other similarly-sized laptops
- The Air Duffel Main Compartment fits assorted items one needs in-flight, and on an overnighter, like:
- Book, magazines, files
- Lunch, snacks, munchies
- Jacket, scarf, neck pillow
- A change of clothes
- The Air Duffel Zippered Side Pockets are conveniently located to store small items in a hurry, to quickly access travel documents, to store multiple cell phones, or to hold a water bottle or coffee mug.
- The Air Duffel Front Pocket runs the length of the bag and is protected by a leather flap. It can be used to stow newspapers or the optional Air Caddy. Inside, three open-topped pockets organize more small items.
NOTE: The OPTIONAL Air Caddy is custom-fitted for the front pocket of the Air Duffel and fits these tablets:
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- iPad mini
- Surface Go
- And other similarly-sized devices