All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic bottom panel
- Brown #10 Cotton Duck tan Waxed Canvas with leather bottom panel
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Air Duffel:
16 (L) x 8.25 (W) x 10.25 (H) inches
Volume: 22 Liters
40.64 (l) x 20.95 (w) x 26.03 (h) cm
Black Ballistic: 2.7 lbs.
Waxed Canvas: 3.25 lbs.
- Optional Air Caddy:
12 (L) x 8 (H) x 1.25 (W) inches; 5 oz.
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- External D-rings for attaching accessories.
- Rear slots for quickly hooking glasses or pens.
- Stands upright under airline seat leaving some legroom.
- Expandable end pockets hold travel documents, water bottles. etc.
- Three carry options — removable strap, leather handles, suitcase-handle passthrough.
- Office compartment lays flat for TSA screening with: padded laptop compartment, wide foam-backed pocket for papers or tablet, open-topped pockets, pen slots, and a central area for files.
- Main compartment for personal items opens with half-moon zipper into large chamber with: open-topped pockets, mesh zippered pockets, key fob, and gold lining that lights up interior.
- Pleated front pocket with interior pockets closes with leather flap secured by N35 rare-earth magnets. (Fits optional Air Caddy.)
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
The Air Duffel Carry-On is very well designed. I like that it has a lot of pockets and sections so I can find things quickly and easily. That is especially important in the confines of an airplane. It has a section designed to accommodate a computer and other work items, a separate section for the Air Caddy that I use for my iPad and a main compartment that is large enough for all the things I am likely to carry on a plane or enough space for what I need for a one or two day trip. I chose the waxed canvas version and it is beautiful. I am looking forward to using it when we can travel again.
Another great Waterfield bag. Extremely happy with my purchase. Can’t wait to travel with it.
Air Duffel Carry-On is an excellent bag not only for air traveling. It is light and nice looking. I expect it to last years. I used to take carry on bag with wheels with me. My trip to Scotland - hopefully in September - starts with this new bag. There is nothing to claim for quality and zippers are protected so the bag do not mind getting wet (i.e Scotland).
if you're Debating whether you want the bag or not just get it. it's fantastic quality an the right size.
This bag has to be one of the finest constructed bags I have ever owned. Many little details thought out, except for all the interior little pockets are super shallow. If you are looking to anything in the pockets except a standard business pen or pencil, reconsider purchasing this bag. Items such as calculators, battery packs and even some pens and pencils stick up out of the pockets a couple inches and keep zippers from closing. I don’t get the point behind this. I’m guessing it is so a standard business size pen or pencil doesn’t sink into the pocket, but that doesn’t make sense since you could just use the pocket clip to keep the pen/pencil at the correct height. If it wasn’t for the pocket depth, I’d give this bag 5 stars in an instant.
iMore - November 20, 2019
“Waterfield's Air Duffel Carry-On Bag is perfectly sized to fit under the seat on most airlines, so it can count as your personal bag rather than a carry-on. Yet, you can pack a lot into this small duffel bag, making it ideal for air travel.”
The Digital Trekker - November 10, 2019
"In conclusion, I found the bag is made very well and the design is extremely thought out. The bag did great on my trip to Ethiopia with only a few minor hic-ups. I look forward to traveling with it in the future."
ZDnet - November 7, 2019
"It is clear to me that serious travelers provided valuable feedback in designing this bag and it was a sheer pleasure to use a bag with no frustrations and clear travel optimization. Air travel is rarely a stress-free activity, but having a bag like the Air Duffel sure makes things easier."
The Air Duffel has two sections: a work compartment that includes a padded laptop pocket for storing tech gear, and a roomy main section for storing everything else. Several conveniently-placed pockets hold additional gear.
- The padded pocket in the Air Duffel Work Compartment fits these devices
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Air
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Magic Keyboard
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 7
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- and other similarly-sized laptops
- The Air Duffel Main Compartment fits assorted items one needs in-flight, and on an overnighter, like:
- book, magazines, files
- lunch, snacks, munchies
- jacket, scarf, neck pillow
- a change of clothes
- The Air Duffel Zippered Side Pockets are conveniently located to store small items in a hurry, to quickly access travel documents, to store multiple cell phones, or to hold a water bottle or coffee mug.
- The Air Duffel Front Pocket runs the length of the bag and is protected by a leather flap. It can be used to stow newspapers or the optional Air Caddy. Inside, three open-topped pockets organize more small items.
NOTE: The OPTIONAL Air Caddy is custom-fitted for the front pocket of the Air Duffel and fits these tablets:
- iPad Pro 11” with Magic Keyboard
- iPad mini
- Surface Go
- and other similarly-sized devices