All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Waxed Canvas or 1050 Denier Ballistic Nylon body for durability
- Full-grain premium leather Flap and Handle
Dimensions & Weight:
- 13" Staad Attaché: 14” (l) x 3.5” (w) x 10.5” (h); 1.8 lbs.
- 15" Staad Attaché: 16” (l) x 3.5” (w) x 11.25” (h); 2.15 lbs.
35.56 (l) x 8.89 (w) x 26.67 (h) cm; 0.81 kg
Volume: 8.5 Liters
40.64 (l) x 8.89 (w) x 28.57 (h) cm; 0.97 kg
Volume: 10.25 Liters
- Flap is double-sided full-grain leather.
- Fully-padded built-in laptop and tablet pockets.
- Easy-to-see gold liner.
- Two front angled pockets for faster access. Can fit iPhone XS Max or similar.
- Includes removable Shoulder Strap.
- Dedicated pocket for the Apple Pencil.
- Pocket in the back for quick access.
- Convenient wheelie handle slip.
Waterfield Staad Attaché is great. Nice leather and canvas combination. I think it is going to be better and better when time goes by. The quality is excellent and the only drawback was shipping charges to Finland. And this is not Waterfield fault. I am very pleased to my purchase.
After a fair amount of online research, I decided to go with Waterfield for a new bag for my MacBook Pro 16” that I often take to and from office. As such, the bag needed to be both professional in appearance but also functional - and it succeeds on both counts. My only compliant is that the clip while easy to release, is somewhat clumsy to fasten and usually takes two hands and a bit of fumbling. Otherwise quite happy with the bag.
I couldn’t be happier with my new Staad Attaché. So pleased with the quality and workmanship.
This is a well designed and well made bag, probably the best you can get if it fits your gear and needs. I got it in 15” black nylon and leather. They seem to have added a key lanyard to the inside, which is a nice unadvertised feature. As others have pointed out, the front clip is a little fussy to open and close—I’d prefer a magnet either instead or in addition. I’ve also mistaken the back luggage band for a pocket and dropped objects right through it—something to distinguish it from the newspaper pocket would be nice. I also worry a little about the shoestring zipper pulls eventually getting unlooped and lost, I’d rather have a regular metal pull.
If they ever decided to make this bag entirely out of leather like a briefcase, it would be a super stylish option.
Overall great—if WaterField didn’t seem to be such an attentive company, I wouldn’t even include my picky comments.
Absolutely love this bag—I’ve been looking for a well designed, attractive messenger bag for years, and this is perfect. I love the waxed canvas exterior, and the attention to detail throughout. The weight is distributed well when slung across my torso… this is just a fantastic find.
iMore - December 2016
"If you need a stylish bag for the new MacBook Pro or your iPad, you can't go wrong with the Waterfield Staad: It has a cushioned compartment for your primary device and pockets and pouches to spare." — Serenity Caldwell
MacTrast - March 4, 2016
“WaterField Designs has expertly paired a modern textile like ballistic nylon and double-sided full-grain leather into yet another wonderful bag. Apple gadgets, with their highly engineered aesthetics, will look right at home in it.”
Mac Aficianados - March 11, 2016
“Si vous êtes à la recherche d’un excellent sac de transport pour vos produits électroniques et que vous possédez aussi un iPad Pro, le Staad Attaché de WaterField est ce qui se fait de mieux dans le genre.”
iMore - March 7, 2016
“If you want quality craftsmanship and a bag that can fit your iPad Pro, accessories, and still leave room for your wallet and snacks, you'll love the Staad Attaché.”
MacSparky - February 08, 2016
“Best of all, the Staad Attaché is extremely attractive and absolutely fits in a professional environment. It's the perfect size for my iPad Pro or MacBook (or both) when I'm on the road and want to look professional.”
Apple World Today - February 01, 2016
“WaterField Designs touts its Staad Attaché, as 'a beautifully-designed, unique bag for the new Apple iPad Pro and 13-inch MacBooks.' The company imagines you’ll fill it with either the tablet or laptop, but I stash both in mine — and it works great.”
Cult of Mac - January 12, 2016
“Like a valued attaché in the foreign service, the Staad is ready to serve without calling much attention to itself.”
- Full Size - Laptop Compartment fits devices up to 16" x 9.75"
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 15" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 3 & 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (15")
- Full Size - Tablet Compartment fits devices up to 12" x 8.75"
- iPad Pro 11”, 12.9” with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go with Type Cover
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Pixel Slate
- Compact Size - Laptop Compartment fits devices up to 13" x 9"
- 13” MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Air Retina
- 12.9” iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
- Compact Size - Tablet Compartment fits devices up to 12" x 8.75"
- iPad Pro 11", 12.9" with NEW Magic Keyboard
- reMarkable (paper tablet)
- Surface Pro 6, Go with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate