All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- Sutter Slim Backpack: 11.25” (l) x 3.75” (w) x 15.5” (h); 2.2 lbs.
28.57 (l) x 9.52 (w) x 39.37 (h) cm; 1.0 kg
Volume: 11 Liters
- Clean, streamlined profile keeps the Slim Backpack compact even when full.
- Comfortable, modern fit.
- Slim profile is ideal for commuting in crowded spaces.
- Lightweight and compact with efficient use of space.
- Premium full-grain leather panel is pleated to help control bulge and maintain the sleek look.
- Two external pockets offer easy access from the top or sides.
- Pockets are evenly spaced to balance the load and distribute contents.
- Leather handle for comfortable grab and go.
- Interior gold liner increases visibility.
- Padded compartments for a laptop and tablet are on one side; organizational pockets on the other.
- Rear mesh padding for breathability and comfort. Lower panel slips over carry-on handles for easy travel.
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps.
- Stiffened bottom and side panels eliminate sagging and help keep the backpack upright when set down.
- Compliments any professional or casual wardrobe.
I love everything about this bag and I look forward to using it once the shelter in place mandate is lifted.
The Sutter Slim is a superb example of great form meets great function: the slim and understated but sharp-looking silhouette holds up well to the task of being a daily commuter bag. It’s able to fit my MacBook and iPad along with a tech pocket (also from Waterfield), sizable water bottle, file folder, and headphones - all in the main compartment. One of my favorite features of the bag is its ability to stay compact and trim even when it’s tightly packed. The other pockets, a deep top-facing one and a double-sided easy access side-facing one, are neatly tucked into the front leather panel, a great design choice that gives the Sutter Slim a unique look while maintaining a professional subtlety.
Coming from a slightly bigger bag, I was worried it wouldn’t be able to fulfill my carrying needs. While I didn’t move everything from my previous backpack, the smaller Sutter Slim helped me reassess my daily items and cut down to just the essentials (which isn’t a bad thing!). If you are looking to carry a multitude of items (such as clothes for the gym or things for a trip), I would recommend checking out the other bags in Waterfield’s line-up, but if you’re in the market for a daily commuter bag that both looks great and has functional design, this is a fantastic option.
Great bag for the minimalists out there. Not too big and has all the right organization. I love both the quick access on top and the side access without having to remove the bag. As always, high quality materials and construction. Only minor gripe is the plastic hardware on the straps which feels a little cheap at this price point.
Perfect in every way: color (crimson leather💗), size (for NYC Subways), feels solid and durable, great inside organization! A vague desire for an external bottle holder, but it would mess with the lines. Fantastic bag! Everything I’ve come to expect from Waterfield!
Macworld - February 6, 2019
"As I’ve said about other WaterField products, it’s as smartly designed as anything that comes out of Cupertino, and that makes it a perfect companion for any collection of portable Apple gear."
The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack is sized to hold a day’s work and tech gear. There are two easy-access front pockets to separate electronic gear from personal items. Inside are two padded compartments for protecting a laptop or tablet.
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon