All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
Dimensions & Weight:
- Standard: 8” (l) x 3” (w) x 11.5” (h); 1.25 lbs.
- Full: 9.5” (l) x 3” (w) x 14” (h); 1.5 lbs.
20.32 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 29.21 (h) cm; 0.56 kg
Volume: 4.5 Liters
24.13 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 35.56 (h) cm; 0.68 kg
Volume: 6.5 Liters
- D-ring-to-strap - 180-degree swivel strap attachment means the bag stays flat on your back, regardless of positioning.
- Flexible strap options - strap attaches to D-ring on left or right side of wearing over either shoulder.
- One-handed cam lock buckle - lets you quickly adjust how the bag rests against your body without moving it.
- Removable shoulder pad - spreads weight evenly to give your back and shoulder a bit of relief.
- Padded tablet/laptop compartment - standard size fits 11” an Full size fits 12.9” iPad Pro (with or without Keyboard Folio); situated in very back to keep Sling flat against body.
- Swing around front pocket - accessible via the left or right side.
- Interior hand pocket - keeps small items easily accessible.
- Three interior pen pockets - stows Apple Pencil and your favorite sketching pens.
- Gold interior lining - in front pocket and main compartment for visibility.
- Inset waterproof front zippers - keeps the zippers, which are most susceptible to water seepage, protected from rain.
- Interior key fob attachment - keeps keys quickly findable.
- Rear mesh padding - enhances airflow and cushioning.
- Optional Stylus Pencil Case for holding Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, or any other stylus.
I got the standard size because I have an 11" iPad Pro and I am loving this bag. It fits the iPad perfectly with the Apple Smart Keyboard too. There is plenty of room for everything I need plus extras within the different pocket without being bulky at all. I also love how it will stand up on its own on.
I picked up the Standard size Sutter Tech Sling as an EDC bag to carry my 11” iPad pro and some accessories, and i truly love this bag! It feels and looks very premium and i highly recommend it. Easily fits my iPad pro with its keyboard case in the designated tablet sleeve (it is a little more snug than i was hoping but i think this is by design so your device doesn't slide around in the sling). I pair the Sutter Tech Sling with the smaller sized “tech pocket” (also by waterfield) which i use to hold smaller things like my charging brick, cables, and my Microsoft arc mouse. Then the bag still has plenty of room for the apple pencil, my cell phone, a stand for my iPad all without looking stuffed. Its the perfect bag for my needs and i am glad i finally purchased it after having my eyes on it for a while! I recommend it for-sure. I read all the reviews looking for a review like this that explains exactly what the smaller size holds as i was on the fence about which size to buy, so hopefully if your like me this review will help you in your decision as well !
Have been using WaterField bags for a while. This configuration is perfect as it allows me to carry my iPad + portable in a just right size.
I like everything about the bag, except one thing. It needs a handle at the top. I would give it 5 stars, especially as it is so well balanced. But no handle makes it very awkward getting in and out of cars etc.
I was lucky enough to get the limited edition blue colored Sutter Tech Sling in FULL size. Even it's the biggest size they offer, but it is still amazingly compact and nice to carry everyday, not the kind that makes your shoulder hurts after half a day.
I can fit my iPad Pro 12.9 inch inside no problem, sometimes my 13' MacBook Pro also fits. The build quality is superb, just like any other Waterfield products. Gary and the guys know what they're doing designing these types of bags. Been a fan for a while now and I can say all the good things about their choice in material for their products.
Oh and the blue color is just fascinating. Really unique and different, especially stand out but not really "in your face" - blue type colored.
GearDiary - April 10, 2019
“I love WaterField bags, backpacks and gear pouches. I’m a fan of sling-style bags. And I love the WaterField Sutter Tech Sling. It’s a sling bag that’s all WaterField. And that’s a good thing.”
GeekDad - March 8, 2019
“If you are going to carry technology around, you might as well do it with some utility and a bit of style. One of the latest bags from Waterfield, the Sutter Tech Sling, manages to do both.”
The Gadgeteer - January 23, 2019
“The Sutter Sling has gained my respect as a well-conceived update to earlier slings, that can accommodate your daily minimum carry, be it a laptop, tablet, or books and papers.”
Macworld - November 27, 2018
“It comes as close to perfection as anything I’ve ever used.”
The Sutter Tech Sling is the perfect carry for taking the iPad Pro on creative explorations. Also fits the MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 7.
- Standard: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- iPad Pro 11” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro Go
- Full: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12.75" x 9.25”
- iPad Pro 12.9" with Smart Keyboard Folio
- 13” MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Air Retina
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7 with Type Cover
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")