All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Sutter Slim Backpack: 11.25” (l) x 3.75” (w) x 15.5” (h); 2.2 lbs.
28.57 (l) x 9.52 (w) x 39.37 (h) cm; 1.0 kg
Volume: 11 Liters
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps.
- Interior gold liner increases visibility.
- Leather handle for comfortable grab and go.
- Compliments any professional or casual wardrobe.
- Lightweight and compact with efficient use of space.
- Slim profile is ideal for commuting in crowded spaces.
- Two external pockets offer easy access from the top or sides.
- Pockets are evenly spaced to balance the load and distribute contents.
- Clean, streamlined profile keeps the Slim Backpack compact even when full.
- Premium full-grain leather panel is pleated to help control bulge and maintain the sleek look.
- Padded compartments for a laptop and tablet are on one side; organizational pockets on the other.
- Rear mesh padding for breathability and comfort. Lower panel slips over carry-on handles for easy travel.
- Stiffened bottom and side panels eliminate sagging and help keep the backpack upright when set down.
- Tech Pocket to fit extra tech gear.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I ordered the Sutter Slim sling before and it just wasn’t quite the size I was looking for. I sent the bag back and got a refund and I purchased the Sutter Backpack. I absolutely love this bag. It’s ability to stand up on its on with its fortified base, the material of the ballistic nylon and black leather juxtaposed beside of the gorgeous dark orange/gold interior make this bag beautiful to the eyes. But the form is just as good as the fashion. The colors contrasted makes it easy to find things in your bag because of the interior color. It holds my laptop, my iPad Air in a magic keyboard folio, all chargers, Apple Pencil, and portable power bank. I carry this bag everywhere and always have what I need as it fits all my everyday carry items.
Keep doing what you're doing - I already own one of your Satchel bags. My wife bought it for me over 6 years ago because I work in Silicon Valley and I needed something cool yet mature and not tech geeky and I also always loved the leather bags Clint Eastwood used to wear in his classic spaghetti westerns. So she got me the simple satchel-looking briefcase with the snap buttons in front but shoulder straps for easier transport. I love it on Caltrain & You have no idea how many times someone stopped me or commented on my bag while standing in the boarding line at the airport because i had it slung over my shoulder. This latest buy was a gift for my daughter's boyfriend. He spent the holidays with us so we thought we'd get him something nice. He's a programmer super smart engineer guy also looking for something cool & techy but simple and with great utility. He liked the slim bag but wanted something bigger. So we purchased the bigger caramel colored back pack and he was in heaven. Started using it right away. Problem: What to do with the slim pack? Guess who's smiling twice now? I live in San Jose and zip around town on my 2-wheeler white Segway. Now I get to do it with a super light should bag. Everyone once in a while somewhere looks at me like "Whoa." I'm not the show-offy type but it's still kinda satisfying. Better yet I can go to the park with my iPad and a few things without lugging an albatross around. Life is Great!
Suddenly I have four bags from Waterfield Designs. And I’m not sure how that happened, except to say a well-made product tends to generate enthusiasm from a company. I had purchased the Sutter Sling and found it so comfortable and functional that I immediately turned to the backpack for larger computing needs. Specifically a 16-inch MacBook Pro and a pair of Desklab 15-inch displays. This is my road setup, and I had yet to find anything that really motivated me. This did. Space without bulk. Comfortable design. Rugged good looks. Can’t really say anything bad about it. It’s built for road warriors.
I have 3 SFbags and this is my favorite... love the gold interior so I can find items and it has just the right amount of pockets and zippered enclosures. Love the quality of the zippers and the overall product.
Best backpack I ever ow
Macworld - February 6, 2019
"As I’ve said about other WaterField products, it’s as smartly designed as anything that comes out of Cupertino, and that makes it a perfect companion for any collection of portable Apple gear."
The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack is sized to hold a day’s work and tech gear. There are two easy-access front pockets to separate electronic gear from personal items. Inside are two padded compartments for protecting a laptop or tablet.
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 13" x 8.75", including:
- iPad Pro 11" & 12.9" with NEW Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 15 fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Lenovo X1 Carbon fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Pixel Slate fits in Tablet Padded Sleeve
- 15" Lenovo Thinkpad fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve (Douglas S., Goodyear, US)
See also the Sutter Slim Backpack - Magic Keyboard Size for more options.