Sutter Slim Backpack
- Product Info
- What Fits
Sharp, Compact, Balanced. The Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack holds tech and personal gear in style with padded laptop and tablet compartments, offset easy-access pockets, and a streamlined full-grain leather front panel.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- 15.5" (H) x 11.5" (L) x 3.75" (W); 2.2 lbs. Volume: 11 Liters
- YKK water-resistant zippers
- Clean, streamlined profile keeps the Slim Backpack compact even when full.
- Comfortable, modern fit.
- Slim profile is ideal for commuting in crowded spaces.
- Lightweight and compact with efficient use of space.
- Premium full-grain leather panel is pleated to help control bulge and maintain the sleek look.
- Two external pockets offer easy access from the top or sides.
- Pockets are evenly spaced to balance the load and distribute contents.
- Leather handle for comfortable grab and go.
- Interior gold liner increases visibility.
- Padded compartments for a laptop and tablet are on one side; organizational pockets on the other.
- Rear mesh padding for breathability and comfort. Lower panel slips over carry-on handles for easy travel.
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps.
- Stiffened bottom and side panels eliminate sagging and help keep the backpack upright when set down.
- Compliments any professional or casual wardrobe.
The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack is sized to hold a day’s work and tech gear. There are two easy-access front pockets to separate electronic gear from personal items. Inside are two padded compartments for protecting a laptop or tablet.
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro 6, Go with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
Macworld - February 6, 2019
"As I’ve said about other WaterField products, it’s as smartly designed as anything that comes out of Cupertino, and that makes it a perfect companion for any collection of portable Apple gear."
This is my third bag from Waterfield, but my first backpack. Their products have been very durable and this bag seems well made. The company's customer service has been excellent in the past when a zipper broke. My initial impression of this backpack is that it is a perfect size for what I carry to work. I really like that it will stand up in place and the outside upper pocket in particular is handy. The zipper pulls seem quite flimsy and I suspect they will not last. Being of smaller stature, I have the shoulder straps completely cinched down - it would be nice it there were a counter part that is more fit to women. A good addition would be an inside or outside cinch or elastic pocket for a water bottle.
Compact, can fit a lot of stuff in the main compartment and looks professional and minimalist.
A couple of suggestions if I may:
1. add a sternum strap, as the shoulder straps' buckles are loose so the shoulder straps are not sitting in a comfortable position
2. maximize storage space in the front pocket
What a beautifully designed and well made bag. Exactly the size that most of us need for work, nice and neat, comfortable to wear or carry, and despite its diminutive capacity can still fit my 15” laptop. Super fast delivery to the UK too, with the annoying import duty stuff all sorted out.
Highest quality materials and great structure.I never really liked carrying a bag 24/7 but with this bag I just have to.Its a beautiful bag with a fashion statement.I pack my 12.9 ipad pro,nintendo switch,portable battery bank,sony headphones and smaller items like my wallet.Everything just has its place while remaining incredibly slim in its form factor.Probably the last bag I will ever use!Will be looking forward to purchasing more products from Waterfield.
Very Happy with this backpack. Definitely worth the price for the quality and attention to details. It's much slimmer than I expected and does a great job and maintining the slim profile while been loaded. One of my favourite purchases in a while. Fast shipping to Canada as well.
Will items fall to the bottom when I use the front pockets?
No, items will not accumulate at the bottom. We designed two pockets, one above the other, to address this issue. You can store your electronics and your personal items separately. You can access one pocket from the top, and the other pocket from the sides.
What’s the secret to keeping the bag slim and refined even when full?
First, we made efficient use of space so items will not be bumping into each other. We balanced the placement of the interior and exterior pockets so stored items will not overlap. And, we pleated the full grain leather panel to minimize any bulge that might occur with overpacking.
Will the bag stand upright?
To help keep the bag upright, we stiffened the bottom side panels that attach to the straps.
Why is the bag lined in gold?
We chose gold because this light color makes it easier to quickly identify the contents inside your bag. The liner also adds a thin water-resistant layer of protection between the canvas or the ballistic nylon and the items you carry.
What type of leather is used for the front panel?
We use premium, full grain leather, the (most expensive) part of the hide with a really tight grain that makes it highly durable. Scratches and other surface character are signs that you’re getting the real thing — authentic, distressed leather that will develop a beautiful patina over time.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.