Sutter Slim Backpack
- Product Info
- What Fits
Sharp, Compact, Balanced. The Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack holds tech and personal gear in style with padded laptop and tablet compartments, offset easy-access pockets, and a streamlined full-grain leather front panel.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- 15.5" (H) x 11.5" (L) x 3.75" (W); 2.2 lbs. Volume: 11 Liters
- YKK water-resistant zippers
- Clean, streamlined profile keeps the Slim Backpack compact even when full.
- Comfortable, modern fit.
- Slim profile is ideal for commuting in crowded spaces.
- Lightweight and compact with efficient use of space.
- Premium full-grain leather panel is pleated to help control bulge and maintain the sleek look.
- Two external pockets offer easy access from the top or sides.
- Pockets are evenly spaced to balance the load and distribute contents.
- Leather handle for comfortable grab and go.
- Interior gold liner increases visibility.
- Padded compartments for a laptop and tablet are on one side; organizational pockets on the other.
- Rear mesh padding for breathability and comfort. Lower panel slips over carry-on handles for easy travel.
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps.
- Stiffened bottom and side panels eliminate sagging and help keep the backpack upright when set down.
- Compliments any professional or casual wardrobe.
The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack is sized to hold a day’s work and tech gear. There are two easy-access front pockets to separate electronic gear from personal items. Inside are two padded compartments for protecting a laptop or tablet.
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro 6, Go with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
Macworld - February 6, 2019
"As I’ve said about other WaterField products, it’s as smartly designed as anything that comes out of Cupertino, and that makes it a perfect companion for any collection of portable Apple gear."
Really appreciate how well the structure holds up. It is compact, yet holds a great deal, and never collapses into itself.
The canvas bag has a great vintage look to it. Every little nick and scratch on the canvas/leather make it look like it was passed down from grandpa from WWII. The canvas looks darker than in some of the pictures on the website, and is actually a good thing because it matches the leather better than in those photos in my opinion.
In terms of size, this bag is great for those who don't bring a ton of stuff to work with them everyday. Normally, I just bring a laptop (even without the AC adapter) and a stack of papers, which I can stick into the pocket intended for the tablet. I can also fit a one-liter Nalgene bottle and a light jacket inside if necessary. For all these, the bag does just fine. I can imagine taking it with me to the airport as well, as long as I have a separate carry-on for clothing and shoes.
I tested the fabric for water and it is resistant. I wouldn't want to take it out under a thunderstorm. For that you need an umbrella, and I wouldn't want to ruin the nice leather anyway.
Finally, did I mention how nice the bag smells? Someone has to make a spray for this as long as it's not damaging to health.
Really nice bag. Kudos to the designers and craftspeople. I spend an inordinate amount of time hunting for just the right thing for my taste and use cases, and this was totally worth the hunt. Thanks so much.
Will items fall to the bottom when I use the front pockets?
No, items will not accumulate at the bottom. We designed two pockets, one above the other, to address this issue. You can store your electronics and your personal items separately. You can access one pocket from the top, and the other pocket from the sides.
What’s the secret to keeping the bag slim and refined even when full?
First, we made efficient use of space so items will not be bumping into each other. We balanced the placement of the interior and exterior pockets so stored items will not overlap. And, we pleated the full grain leather panel to minimize any bulge that might occur with overpacking.
Will the bag stand upright?
To help keep the bag upright, we stiffened the bottom side panels that attach to the straps.
Why is the bag lined in gold?
We chose gold because this light color makes it easier to quickly identify the contents inside your bag. The liner also adds a thin water-resistant layer of protection between the canvas or the ballistic nylon and the items you carry.
What type of leather is used for the front panel?
We use premium, full grain leather, the (most expensive) part of the hide with a really tight grain that makes it highly durable. Scratches and other surface character are signs that you’re getting the real thing — authentic, distressed leather that will develop a beautiful patina over time.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.