All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- Sutter Slim Backpack: 11.25” (l) x 3.75” (w) x 15.5” (h); 2.2 lbs.
28.57 (l) x 9.52 (w) x 39.37 (h) cm; 1.0 kg
Volume: 11 Liters
- Clean, streamlined profile keeps the Slim Backpack compact even when full.
- Comfortable, modern fit.
- Slim profile is ideal for commuting in crowded spaces.
- Lightweight and compact with efficient use of space.
- Premium full-grain leather panel is pleated to help control bulge and maintain the sleek look.
- Two external pockets offer easy access from the top or sides.
- Pockets are evenly spaced to balance the load and distribute contents.
- Leather handle for comfortable grab and go.
- Interior gold liner increases visibility.
- Padded compartments for a laptop and tablet are on one side; organizational pockets on the other.
- Rear mesh padding for breathability and comfort. Lower panel slips over carry-on handles for easy travel.
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps.
- Stiffened bottom and side panels eliminate sagging and help keep the backpack upright when set down.
- Compliments any professional or casual wardrobe.
This backpack has the design thought, build quality and excellent functionality I have come to expect from Waterfield products. You know every detail of Waterfield's bags is carefully considered and that they are built to last.
I am extremely happy with the Sutter Slim Backpack. I purchased it as an alternative to my Air Porter shoulder bag and as something for my everyday commute to work that was better for my back but could still carry a reasonable amount (to get me through my workday). In that regard, it meets ALMOST all of my needs.
A small thing, but I was especially impressed with the quality and smoothness of the zippers. I have found the zippers on my Air Porter a little stiff but have had no such issues from the get-go with the Sutter Slim!
The only feedback I could offer on the backpack would be that I wish it was just a fraction wider, just so it could hold a little bit more content in the main compartment. I do find sometimes I am struggling to fit a lunchbox in with my cable bag and headphones. Also, something that has been mentioned by others, is that it would be nice to have a small water bottle holder (maybe on one side). Although this might not look great aesthetically and you can potentially fit a small water bottle in the main compartment.
The above is pretty minor in my mind and overall I am, as always, delighted with the backpack on all fronts.
The saying "you get what you pay for" is, as always, true when it comes to a Waterfield bags.
OK, I've been using the Sutter Slim backpack for over a month now, and I just love it. I great with fitting all the my necessary items (i.e. Mac Pro, iPad etc. and still have room for the key items as my notebook etc. It carries great, Love the easy pockets and grown to love the zipper on this backpack. I have had a number of complements on the style and look of my bag and very please with it. The only area that has bee the adjustable straps. Been difficult to get just the right fit that allows easy access to put the backpack on my back yet still fit tight again the back. Thanks Waterfield.
Love this bag, it’s the perfect size to carry all my daily requirements and stylish to boot!
The Sutter Slim backpack is exactly the backpack I wanted, and it turned out to be the one I needed, too! It’s been ideal for my 12.9” iPad Pro and all the accessories I use in my daily routine (wires, charging cables, dongles, keys, etc). I was hesitant to spend over $200 on a backpack, but let me tell you, it is very well made, and I’m confident it will stand the test of time adding to the nature wear of the leather front and waxed canvas everywhere else. I had an early concern about a loose stitch on the front storage pocket area, but after bringing my concern up, the folks at Waterfield were quick to reply and offered to have the stitch secured/repaired if it got any worse. LOVE THIS BACK PACK, and am so very happy with my second Waterfield purchase. I can see myself ordering many additional products in the future.
Here's the thing. Once you buy one Waterfield product, you want ALL the Waterfield products! My latest is the Sutter Slim backpack, and she's a beauty. I needed to both simplify my EDC, and have a backpack that didn't look like I was about go mountain climbing. The Sutter is elegant, well-crafted, and very comfortable. On my first day using it, I got caught in an unexpected rainstorm, and worried if my belongings would be OK. Happy to report everything stayed perfectly dry. Wouldn't have minded a second key fob inside the main compartment, but that's a very minor quibble.
This is a minimalist bag, so it might not be for everyone, but I highly recommend it to anyone eager to keep their EDC to the bare essentials, in style.
Macworld - February 6, 2019
"As I’ve said about other WaterField products, it’s as smartly designed as anything that comes out of Cupertino, and that makes it a perfect companion for any collection of portable Apple gear."
The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack is sized to hold a day’s work and tech gear. There are two easy-access front pockets to separate electronic gear from personal items. Inside are two padded compartments for protecting a laptop or tablet.
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon