All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic bottom panel
- Brown #10 Cotton Duck tan Waxed Canvas with leather bottom panel
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size:
16" (l) x 8.25" (w) x 10.25" (h)
Volume: 22 Liters
40.64 (l) x 20.95 (w) x 26.03 (h) cm
- Weight: Black Ballistic: 2.7 lbs. / 1.22 kg.
- Optional Air Caddy:
12 (l) x 1.25 (w) x 8 (h) inches; 5 oz.
Waxed Canvas: 3.25 lbs. / 1.47 kg.
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- External D-rings for attaching accessories.
- Rear slots for quickly hooking glasses or pens.
- Stands upright under airline seat leaving some legroom.
- Expandable end pockets hold travel documents, water bottles. etc.
- Three carry options — removable strap, leather handles, suitcase-handle passthrough.
- Office compartment lays flat for TSA screening with: padded laptop compartment, wide foam-backed pocket for papers or tablet, open-topped pockets, pen slots, and a central area for files.
- Main compartment for personal items opens with half-moon zipper into large chamber with: open-topped pockets, mesh zippered pockets, key fob, and gold lining that lights up interior.
- Pleated front pocket with interior pockets closes with leather flap secured by N35 rare-earth magnets. (Fits optional Air Caddy.)
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
Gary thank you for making such a great duffel. I recently went on a 3 day vacation and everything fit well and accommodated my 13 inch MacBook Pro. My only recommendation would be to make the bag just a little taller to accommodate larger packing cubes, other than that it is great.
I own several Waterfield bags, such as the Pro Executive laptop backpack and the Bolt duffel bag, which I recently used for an international trip. I love both of these bags and have traveled with them for several years, but both lacked something when accompanying my carry-on roller bags. With the Air Duffel carry-on, I’ve been able to fill the missing gaps. First of all, getting into the bag while sitting in the plane seat has always been a little complicated with the pro backpack and the bolt duffel. I’m now able to get to all my electronics, jacket or sweater, snack etc., without any trouble. My water bottle, passport and other accessories fit in the small side pockets, away from the main compartment. Carrying the air duffel on top of my roller bag is now easier than the Bolt, but also has more space to get to items than the backpack. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my other Waterfield bags, I’ll just use them for other purposes now. I also want to mention the look, my backpack is the mixture of ballistic and chocolate leather, my Bolt is the waxed canvas with grizzly leather. With the Air Duffel, I chose a whole different look with the black ballistic and black leather. This combination looks great with my all black Rimowa suitcase and presents a more polished professional look when teamed together. I can’t say enough about Waterfield products as I’ve also purchased the new packable backpack and the travel light Dopp kit recently, which both also fit in the Air Duffel when traveling. The quality is superb, the price has had me hesitant on the bag for a year, but once I received it I’m wondering why I pondered this decision for so long. I’m a fan for life.
All Details perfectly realised. The bag is definitly worth kits price. More of them.
I am traveling for a couple months through Europe this fall, pending Covid delays, and wanted to provide myself with a well thought out arrangement of luggage.
For certain, in addition to my carryon luggage, I wanted a carryon personal bag that would hold my important, immediate items, headphones, cell phone, laptop, iPad, camera, keys, passports, and the odd assortment of necessary small items, perhaps a sweater, water bottle and snacks.
The interior would need to be easily accessible from the top of the bag from a relatively cramped seat, therefore I didn’t want to bring one of my travel backpacks, I needed something different.
The Waterfield bag is truly made by craftsmen. I chose the oiled canvas and leather. it has an vintage look that feels old world and well travelled. It is a bit heavier than I thought but it seems absolutely indestructible with every pocket imaginable in a well thought out arrangement.
In addition to the bag it seems I have a new best friend, Gary, from Waterfield designs was in email contact with me the entire time my bag was being made and shipped.
The Air Duffle will clearly last a life time of adventures.
I'm really happy with my new duffel, particularly because it feels sturdy and keeps its form well, so I feel secure about storing everything in it and it can easily serve as armrest or side table wherever I'm going. Of course, like all my Waterfield bags so far, it also looks fantastic.
iMore - November 20, 2019
“Waterfield's Air Duffel Carry-On Bag is perfectly sized to fit under the seat on most airlines, so it can count as your personal bag rather than a carry-on. Yet, you can pack a lot into this small duffel bag, making it ideal for air travel.”
The Digital Trekker - November 10, 2019
"In conclusion, I found the bag is made very well and the design is extremely thought out. The bag did great on my trip to Ethiopia with only a few minor hic-ups. I look forward to traveling with it in the future."
ZDnet - November 7, 2019
"It is clear to me that serious travelers provided valuable feedback in designing this bag and it was a sheer pleasure to use a bag with no frustrations and clear travel optimization. Air travel is rarely a stress-free activity, but having a bag like the Air Duffel sure makes things easier."
The Air Duffel has two sections: a work compartment that includes a padded laptop pocket for storing tech gear, and a roomy main section for storing everything else. Several conveniently-placed pockets hold additional gear.
- The padded pocket in the Air Duffel Work Compartment fits these devices
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 8
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Surface Book 3 (13.5")
- And other similarly-sized laptops
- The Air Duffel Main Compartment fits assorted items one needs in-flight, and on an overnighter, like:
- Book, magazines, files
- Lunch, snacks, munchies
- Jacket, scarf, neck pillow
- A change of clothes
- The Air Duffel Zippered Side Pockets are conveniently located to store small items in a hurry, to quickly access travel documents, to store multiple cell phones, or to hold a water bottle or coffee mug.
- The Air Duffel Front Pocket runs the length of the bag and is protected by a leather flap. It can be used to stow newspapers or the optional Air Caddy. Inside, three open-topped pockets organize more small items.
NOTE: The OPTIONAL Air Caddy is custom-fitted for the front pocket of the Air Duffel and fits these tablets:
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- iPad mini
- Surface Go
- And other similarly-sized devices