All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1680 denier black ballistic nylon and Forza Nylon.
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One Size: 11” (h) x 15.5” (l) x 7” (w); 1.8 lbs.
- Handle (Top of bag to top of handle): 11 inches (27.94 cm)
27.94 (h) x 39.37 (l) x 17.78 (w) cm; 0.82 kg
Volume: 19.56 liters
- Made from abrasion and water-resistant durable ballistic nylon.
- Stands upright for easy packing/unpacking.
- Foam inserts add structure and evenly distribute the weight.
- Roomy interior with four deep organizational pockets.
- Gold liner illuminates the bag's interior.
- Exterior front zipper pocket has two pockets and key tether.
- Two deep side pockets fit water bottles.
- Passthrough slot for slipping over a suitcase handle.
- Double YKK waterproof zippers can be secured with a lock.
- Four carrying options: by hand, over the shoulder, on suitcase handle, or with a shoulder strap (optional).
- Hidden loops for attaching optional removable shoulder strap.
- Long, leather-wrapped handles for slipping over shoulder (12 inches from top of bag to curve of handle).
- OPTIONAL: Supreme Shoulder Strap or Simple Strap sold separately.
User Reviews & Stories
Essential Duffel - Solid construction, but at this price point, duffel should have bag feet on bottom so that duffel not sitting directly on floor when placed under airplane seat. In addition, loop attachments for shoulder strap feel flimsy, almost like they were added as an afterthought. Hopefully they hold up.
Free shipping would create customer good will and increase brand loyalty.Read more
I’ve already tried it on my trip to India (first time their), and the size and structure is perfect. The inner pockets didn’t deform the outer look, and the outer side pockets were very handy for throwing in my watch and other metallic objects during airport security scans.Read more
I travel all over the world for my work. Mostly shorter trips, 3-7 days. Fast-paced, so I don't want lots of heavy luggage. I carry with me two items wherever I go: 1) my Bolt Sling bag (https://www.sfbags.com/collections/bags/products/bolt-sling-bag) that carries my laptop, iPad, and all of the connectors/batteries/dongles that I need
2) The Essential Duffel (https://www.sfbags.com/products/essential-duffel), which is light and comfortable, spacious but nice and compact.
This combination is perfect for a weekend or a full week, and is so thoughtful down to every last detail. This is the best gear I've ever used and I'm picky!Read more
It is much smaller than I thought it would be. I am likely to return it. If there is a larger version of the same bag I would be interested in that.Read more
Just received and haven't used for yet. I wanted to attach a visible luggage tag in case this piece (though small) must become checked baggage at some point. I was able to neatly accomplish that using one of the webbing loops on the duffel's narrow side. If you can improve the design by providing a tag and or tagging provision, even better. Thanks.Read more
Waterfield Designs Essential Duffel review
The Gadgeteer - September 5, 2022
“I have a feeling the Waterfield Designs Essential Duffel is the kind of item you only buy once- unless a family member claims it for themselves and you’re forced to buy another.”