All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1680 Denier Black ballistic nylon and Forza nylon
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One Size: 8.25” (h) x 6.25” (l) x 2.5” (w); 6.4 oz.
20.95 (h) x 6.35 (l) x 15.87 (w) cm; 0.18 kg
Volume: 2.1 liters
- Made from abrasion and water-resistant durable ballistic nylon.
- Three easy-access points: main compartment, front zippered pocket, front open pocket.
- Interior pocket can fit iPad mini and includes a key tether.
- Gold liner illuminates the bag's interior.
- Spacer mesh on the back for sweat-wicking.
- Removable shoulder strap.
- YKK waterproof zippers.
Just big enough for iPhone, iPad, keys and a wind shirt, so perfect for late spring through to early autumn walks. Handle for travel access to passport, tickets when travelling with other bags.
Love your products! Fourth bag from Waterfield and a wallet…but don’t tell my wife. Amazing quality and perfect for my mini iPad and iPhone.
The Essential Crossbody Pouch is pretty to look at. It is made with good quality materials and the colors are vibrant. Unfortunately, I find these major flaws in the design:
1. The strap is too narrow and the snap release should be centered across the chest and not up in the shoulder. The plastic snap sinks in badly with the weight of the pocket contents … and it hurts.
2. The plastic zippers in the pockets are murder on fingers trying to quickly reach inside the pockets for a smart phone or wallet. The space is tight and the teeth of the zippers are sharp along the entire length. Bronze zippers would be less sharp and hurtful.
So, my money was wasted. I will revert to my $16.00 Everest fanny packs, which are way better designed and safer on my fingers.
Just loving the pouch on my trip, ideal size and extremely convenient for all those required accessories!
The Essential Crossbody is the right size to carry an iPad mini, eyeglasses case, contact lens gear, sunscreen, wallet, keys, cables, plugs, associated other detritus. Everything fits … except the Apple Pencil. This is singularly bizarre: The iPad mini sleeve (which is unpadded, and I was taken aback) is cut so small that the iPad mini fits (barely) while in its Smart Folio, but the Pencil has to be left outside the mini sleeve. And there’s no special holster for the Pencil, either. I was scratching my head. Why would the sleeve barely accept the Smart Folio? Why would the sleeve not accept the Pencil? This is the sort of design oversight I never expected from Waterfield.… And yet? All those things do fit, and you can leave the Pencil loose in the pouch if you so desire. I could ask for a gold option for the Forza textile (and would have chosen that), and I could wish for a better-provisioned iPad mini sleeve. But this is a good case despite all that.
GearDiary - September 19, 2022
“The WaterField Essential Crossbody Pouch has been great when I’ve been out riding one of my electric bicycles.”
The Essential Crossbody Pouch is ideal for a iPad Mini and for carrying essentials like phone, wallet, keys, and earbuds.