All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 11.25” (l) x 3.75” (w) x 15.5” (h); 2.2 lbs.
28.57 (l) x 9.52 (w) x 39.37 (h) cm; 1.0 kg
Volume: 11 Liters
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps.
- Interior gold liner increases visibility.
- Leather handle for comfortable grab and go.
- Compliments any professional or casual wardrobe.
- Lightweight and compact with efficient use of space.
- Slim profile is ideal for commuting in crowded spaces.
- Two external pockets offer easy access from the top or sides.
- Pockets are evenly spaced to balance the load and distribute contents.
- Clean, streamlined profile keeps the Slim Backpack compact even when full.
- Premium full-grain leather panel is pleated to help control bulge and maintain the sleek look.
- Padded compartments for a laptop and tablet are on one side; organizational pockets on the other.
- Rear mesh padding for breathability and comfort. Lower panel slips over carry-on handles for easy travel.
- Stiffened bottom and side panels eliminate sagging and help keep the backpack upright when set down.
- Tech Pocket to fit extra tech gear.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
I used the sutter tech sling instead of my usual Northface back pack for my trip to and from Gran Canaria and it changed my mind how i should travel. Its a long trip with myltiple transits and lots of foot work and i loved how compact and light it was.I love the mindful attention to detail you put into your customer service. Hope to see more and more products growing the sutter slim product line. Whats great about it is despite the quality , it doesnt attract any attention so acts as a passive deterrent to would be opportunistic thieves!
As and ex-consultant who still travels a bit I switch bags a lot. I wanted something smaller, laptops are thin these days and airline foot space gets tighter as they cram more screens on. I don’t need a bag with lots of empty space I’m tempted to fill. The Sutter Slim backpack feels just right. I can go super slim for some quick remote work or fill it up for a an international flight and it’s still small. Plus it has a trolley strap, it’s tall enough to toss a water bottle in the main compartment and the top pocket makes TSA checkpoints easy. With all that, it’s one sexy looking bag too.
It is simply beautiful! The attention to detail is amazing and the love of the product shows! I also purchased the Tec case which is just incredible! It perfectly holds my iPhone 14 Pro Max! It’s paded also! I just love it!
Hello, I bought this backpack for my husband who travels a lot for work and does customer meetings. He loves it! it's the perfect size for what he needs. If there was one thing he could improve, it would be the laptop sleeves, when he carries both laptops they are a little snug in the space.
I wanted a light backpack, nothing too bulky but still with plenty of space for the essentials, and this is IT. The structure of the Sutter Slim doesn’t allow for tons of extras, but it will fit my 14-inch MacBook Pro, iPad mini, AirPods Max, water bottle, snacks, and glasses comfortably in the main vessel, plus a host of small items in the drop pockets; and the lower front pocket is perfect for Waterfield’s 6x9 Gear Case. I love the top front pocket as a drop pocket for wallet, masks, AirPods, and other small things.
One other thing: Waterfield’s customer support is absolutely top-notch. I emailed to ask if I could order the Sutter Slim in black ballistic nylon with grizzly leather, and they came through with the information I needed to make it happen. I had no expectation that they’d go along with my madcap scheme, but they did, and it’s beautiful.
WaterField Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack Review: Compact Size with Huge Features
Gear Diary - July 27, 2022
“I’m a huge fan of the WaterField Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack. It’s the right size and has all the features I need without any of the extras I don’t. The bag is already breaking in nicely, and because it is from WaterField, I know it will last for years.”
WaterField Designs Sutter Slim Backpack review: A compact but capable MacBook bag
Macworld - February 6, 2019
"As I’ve said about other WaterField products, it’s as smartly designed as anything that comes out of Cupertino, and that makes it a perfect companion for any collection of portable Apple gear."
The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack is sized to hold a day’s work and tech gear. There are two easy-access front pockets to separate electronic gear from personal items. Inside are two padded compartments for protecting a laptop or tablet.
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- Surface Laptop 5 (13.5" & 15")
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 13" x 8.75", including:
- 12.9" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro 9 with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 15 fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Lenovo X1 Carbon fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Pixel Slate fits in Tablet Padded Sleeve
- 15" Lenovo Thinkpad fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve (Douglas S., Goodyear, US)
See also the Sutter Slim Backpack - Magic Keyboard Size for more options.