All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 11.25” (l) x 3.75” (w) x 15.5” (h); 2.2 lbs.
28.57 (l) x 9.52 (w) x 39.37 (h) cm; 1.0 kg
Volume: 11 Liters
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps.
- Interior gold liner increases visibility.
- Leather handle for comfortable grab and go.
- Compliments any professional or casual wardrobe.
- Lightweight and compact with efficient use of space.
- Slim profile is ideal for commuting in crowded spaces.
- Two external pockets offer easy access from the top or sides.
- Pockets are evenly spaced to balance the load and distribute contents.
- Clean, streamlined profile keeps the Slim Backpack compact even when full.
- Premium full-grain leather panel is pleated to help control bulge and maintain the sleek look.
- Padded compartments for a laptop and tablet are on one side; organizational pockets on the other.
- Rear mesh padding for breathability and comfort. Lower panel slips over carry-on handles for easy travel.
- Stiffened bottom and side panels eliminate sagging and help keep the backpack upright when set down.
- Tech Pocket to fit extra tech gear.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
My first love will always be my Maverick leather messenger bag. But that does not stop me from flirting with the Slim Sutter backpack. So compact, tight to the body. The canvas exudes a workmanlike attitude, the leather panel just enough classiness to stay classy. It's so spacious inside ... the front pockets. It fits my Lenovo X1 Carbon just fine, my Kindle, my iPad, my Air60, my hopes and dreams ... Classy
Overall this is the best backpack I own: the level of craftsmanship shows, it's well organized and the big unobstructed front leather panel is beautiful.
Let's start with the style, tbh it is awesome. I hesitated a lot with the new compact executive however the front leather panel of the compact executive is sadly obstructed by one zipper. I was looking for a more stylish, yet compact option, and the sutter slim has hit every nails. The unobstructed front leather panel is without a doubt the most stylish option to me.
The bag is well organized, takes advantages of every inch when packed. The two interior pockets are nice, there's 4 pencil slots and on the front there's also organizational pockets: one top pocket is handy to separate stuff you don't need immediately and a side pocket for accessing stuff without removing your bag accessible on the right and left (left handed friendly).
Now about the craftmanship it's awesome. Lots of attention to details. However, like many reviews points out, the waxed canvas option has a design issue: the two parts attaching the shoulder straps to the base of the bag. When worn they stab your sides which is annoying. I have to fold them to the side and I hope this won't damage the bag on the long term. At this price point this is a problem since this could have been easily fixed by shortening the parts to a triangular shape instead of trapezoid.
Overall an excellent bag with a small design issue.
I have had a number of products from Waterfield over the years, and have always been happy. I have moved between a number of brands out there for a professional/work backpack or bag and this is instantly my favorite by several nautical miles. The backpack is lightweight, holds its shape, has plenty of pockets and fits exactly what I need. It’s been tremendous for travel as well. Couldn’t recommend it more. Keep up the great work.
looks and function are better!
I used the sutter tech sling instead of my usual Northface back pack for my trip to and from Gran Canaria and it changed my mind how i should travel. Its a long trip with myltiple transits and lots of foot work and i loved how compact and light it was.I love the mindful attention to detail you put into your customer service. Hope to see more and more products growing the sutter slim product line. Whats great about it is despite the quality , it doesnt attract any attention so acts as a passive deterrent to would be opportunistic thieves!
Gear Diary - July 27, 2022
“I’m a huge fan of the WaterField Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack. It’s the right size and has all the features I need without any of the extras I don’t. The bag is already breaking in nicely, and because it is from WaterField, I know it will last for years.”
Macworld - February 6, 2019
"As I’ve said about other WaterField products, it’s as smartly designed as anything that comes out of Cupertino, and that makes it a perfect companion for any collection of portable Apple gear."
The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack is sized to hold a day’s work and tech gear. There are two easy-access front pockets to separate electronic gear from personal items. Inside are two padded compartments for protecting a laptop or tablet.
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 14" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro
- NEW 15" MacBook Air
- 13" MacBook Air
- Surface Laptop 5 (13.5" & 15")
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 13" x 8.75", including:
- 12.9" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro M2 with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro 9 with Type Cover
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Dell XPS 15 fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Lenovo X1 Carbon fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve
- Pixel Slate fits in Tablet Padded Sleeve
- 15" Lenovo Thinkpad fits in Laptop Padded Sleeve (Douglas S., Goodyear, US)
See also the Sutter Slim Backpack - Magic Keyboard Size for more options.