All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1680 denier black ballistic nylon and forza nylon
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One Size: 15.75” (h) x 11” (l) x 6” (w); 1.5 lbs.
40 (h) x 27.94 (l) x 15.24 (w) cm; 0.68 kg
Volume: 17.03 liters
- Made from durable abrasion- and water-resistant ballistic nylon.
- Foam inserts add structure and evenly distribute the weight.
- Exterior zipper pocket includes two interior pockets.
- Two side hand pockets can fit a 2'' water bottle.
- Plush-lined laptop compartment can fit devices up to 14.5'' x 10''.
- Interior zipper pocket includes an integrated key hook.
- Gold interior liner illuminates the inside.
- Mesh liner on the back wicks away moisture.
- Handle is wrapped in full-grain leather for a more comfortable carry.
- Passthrough slot for slips over a suitcase handle.
- Straps are padded with moisture-wicking mesh.
- YKK waterproof zippers protect contents.
Being a confirmed bagaholic, I have a pretty large number of bags, including several from Waterfield Designs.
This bag is superb. Well constructed, solid, comfortable to carry. The front pocket is nicely sized to carry quite a bit of items that I want to access quickly (keys, AirPods, and so forth). The interior is spacious with a nicely functional laptop pocket. There is one inside zippered pocket; if I had one change to make, it would be for a second inside zippered pocket below the first one.
This has become my everyday carry bag when using a backpack, which is most days. Definitely happy with this purchase!
The bag is good in every way. The magnetic buckle is great. But when you have a full bag, the flap cover is very stiff so it goes not close neatly.
This is great. I’ve had it now for a couple of weeks. I love the size. It’s sleeker than the larger travel bags I’ve purchased from Waterfield but has plenty of room for my daily stuff. (I don’t think it will work as well on a long trip.)
I like the large pockets on either side for my water and my umbrella. I like the two unstructured pockets (on the front and the interior) - it gives me more flexibility than having specific places for glasses, pens or wallets.
I like the little clips at the end of the carry straps that keep the straps from flying around when I’m walking. I like that the bag is structured enough that it can stand on the own beside my seat in a meeting. Like I said, it’s the little features that I appreciate.
Looking forward to using this for a long time.
Essential Laptop Backpack
LOVE this bag. It gives me all the space I need without all the bulk!
The Essential Backpack can fit devices up to 14.5" x 10". These devices can fit in your Backpack:
- 16" MacBook Pro M2
- 14" MacBook Pro M2
- 13” MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Microsoft Surface:
- Surface Laptop 4 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop Studio
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8, Go with Type Cover