All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- Oil-tanned full-grain leather
- Waxed Canvas
- Ballistic Nylon
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Travel Wallet: 7.25" (l) x 0.25" (w) x 4.25" (h); 2.5 oz.
- Travel Wallet Plus: 10.25" (l) x 0.25" (w) x 5.25" (h); 4.0 oz.
18.41 (l) x 0.63 (w) x 10.79 (h) cm; 70.9 gm
26.03 (l) x 0.63 (w) x 13.33 (h) cm; 113 gm
- Compact and lightweight.
- Zippered pocket for coins.
- Sports our signature easy-to-see-inside gold liner.
- Self-locking YKK zippers keep contents from slipping out.
- Side pockets for storing loyalty cards, credit cards, business cards, etc.
- Long-lasting materials: supple full grain leather, tough ballistic nylon, and tough waxed canvas.
- Includes Carabiner for securing onto your belt loop, key hook inside another bag, backpack, etc.
- Includes Pen for filling out customs forms (because you never have a pen on you when you need it the most).
- Travel Wallet size fits in some jacket pockets. Both sizes can be inserted into backpacks, messenger bags, briefcases, and other bigger bags.
This product was designed with customers who gave input from idea to production. See the process here.
I like the travel wallet for my travels
I originally bought the smaller size, which is just a bit tight for US cash and my passport, the larger size is perfect and I really like the interior zipper compartment that isn't in the small size.
I wanted something compact to keep things inside my new Waterfield Messenger Bag tidy and this just met the brief perfectly and matched my bag’s style to boot. Perfect accompaniment.
I have two of these, both the standard and large. The large one is probably my most-used Waterfield bag. It's big enough to hold all my essential EDC things like phone, wallet, keys etc. I use it for internal organization. If I need my laptop then I use a large backpack for most things and add the travel wallet for everyday essentials. If not I use a smaller sling and also include the travel wallet.
I don't much like the pockets that are credit-card sized. I always use a separate card case. I can use a small one in the credit card pocket, or a large one in the main compartment. The cloth pockets are very loose and don't hold credit cards tight enough for me. But overall, the construction quality and appearance are great so I can live with that issue.
I haven't found a use for the small one yet. I have a very small day bag that won't hold the big one so I ordered it. But for me it's just too small. The fabric liner is not tightly attached to the outer shell and in a small bag seams and folds kind of move around. The bag has a padded feel because of this even though it's not padded. And the size is really minimal. A passport will fit, but a passport in a plastic shell won't. I have an S22 Ultra phone and it won't fit through the zipper. It will fit in my small day bag but won't hold enough to add any value for me.
The bigger one will replace my smaller one. Too easy for others to see the contents (paper bills) at the cashier using the smaller wallet.
The Gadgeteer - July 22, 2019
“The Waterfield Designs Travel Wallet is a very large wallet, and in fact is really more of a travel pouch. But don’t let that deter you—it still manages to remain quite slim even with multiple items loaded into it.”
The Travel Wallet was designed to fit a Passport, larger foreign currencies, cards, and coins. The larger Travel Wallet Plus can fit the same items, plus other travel documents.
Both sizes can also fit these phones:
- iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Older iPhone models
- Samsung Galaxy S22, S22 Plus
- Other similarly-sized phones