Sutter Slim Backpack
- Product Info
- What Fits
Sharp, Compact, Balanced. The Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack holds tech and personal gear in style with padded laptop and tablet compartments, offset easy-access pockets, and a streamlined full-grain leather front panel.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- 15.5" (H) x 11.5" (L) x 3.75" (W); 2.2 lbs. Volume: 11 Liters
- YKK water-resistant zippers
- Clean, streamlined profile keeps the Slim Backpack compact even when full.
- Comfortable, modern fit.
- Slim profile is ideal for commuting in crowded spaces.
- Lightweight and compact with efficient use of space.
- Premium full-grain leather panel is pleated to help control bulge and maintain the sleek look.
- Two external pockets offer easy access from the top or sides.
- Pockets are evenly spaced to balance the load and distribute contents.
- Leather handle for comfortable grab and go.
- Interior gold liner increases visibility.
- Padded compartments for a laptop and tablet are on one side; organizational pockets on the other.
- Rear mesh padding for breathability and comfort. Lower panel slips over carry-on handles for easy travel.
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps.
- Stiffened bottom and side panels eliminate sagging and help keep the backpack upright when set down.
- Compliments any professional or casual wardrobe.
The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack is sized to hold a day’s work and tech gear. There are two easy-access front pockets to separate electronic gear from personal items. Inside are two padded compartments for protecting a laptop or tablet.
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
Macworld - February 6, 2019
"As I’ve said about other WaterField products, it’s as smartly designed as anything that comes out of Cupertino, and that makes it a perfect companion for any collection of portable Apple gear."
Here's the thing. Once you buy one Waterfield product, you want ALL the Waterfield products! My latest is the Sutter Slim backpack, and she's a beauty. I needed to both simplify my EDC, and have a backpack that didn't look like I was about go mountain climbing. The Sutter is elegant, well-crafted, and very comfortable. On my first day using it, I got caught in an unexpected rainstorm, and worried if my belongings would be OK. Happy to report everything stayed perfectly dry. Wouldn't have minded a second key fob inside the main compartment, but that's a very minor quibble.
This is a minimalist bag, so it might not be for everyone, but I highly recommend it to anyone eager to keep their EDC to the bare essentials, in style.
Perfect product, just the strap seems a bit flimsy? Probably will review again once I take it for travels in Asia
Greatest product! Only flaw for me is the adjustment strap, hoping they could be more fixed after adjusted.
This is the perfect backpack for carrying a laptop and work items. I had the smaller staad which I found just a little bit too small
This is a beautiful backpack and can be professional and casual at the same time
I highly recommend it
Whenever I go to California I treat myself to one of the splendid items from Waterfield, so l have quite a collection. This time around the choice fell on the Sutter slim backpack, and after about 24 hrs on various planes and airports, I have grown to like this product a whole lot. The look, feel and texture is all vintage Waterfield; gorgeous leather, sturdy waxed canvas, great zippers – beautiful. But the great surprise was that it actually found a slot between some of my other stuff - bigger than the Staad, Smaller than the Professional. Enough space for a MacBook, a Kindle, an Ipad, a Panasonic GH5s and a lense, glasses, headphones, cables, but that's it. Big enough to get what you need on a trip and don't feel like sending in a suitcase, small enough to squeeze into a crowded overhead luggage-space - from sunny California to sub-zero Norway with flying colors.
Will items fall to the bottom when I use the front pockets?
No, items will not accumulate at the bottom. We designed two pockets, one above the other, to address this issue. You can store your electronics and your personal items separately. You can access one pocket from the top, and the other pocket from the sides.
What’s the secret to keeping the bag slim and refined even when full?
First, we made efficient use of space so items will not be bumping into each other. We balanced the placement of the interior and exterior pockets so stored items will not overlap. And, we pleated the full grain leather panel to minimize any bulge that might occur with overpacking.
Will the bag stand upright?
To help keep the bag upright, we stiffened the bottom side panels that attach to the straps.
Why is the bag lined in gold?
We chose gold because this light color makes it easier to quickly identify the contents inside your bag. The liner also adds a thin water-resistant layer of protection between the canvas or the ballistic nylon and the items you carry.
What type of leather is used for the front panel?
We use premium, full grain leather, the (most expensive) part of the hide with a really tight grain that makes it highly durable. Scratches and other surface character are signs that you’re getting the real thing — authentic, distressed leather that will develop a beautiful patina over time.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.