NEW! Sutter Slim Backpack
- Product Info
- What Fits
Sharp, Clean, Well-balanced. The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack holds essential tech gear for your day at the office. A pleated, full grain leather front panel keeps the bag streamlined even when filled with a laptop, tablet, and additional gear. Easy-access front pockets are balanced on the top and bottom for efficient use of space. Upgrade your professional or casual wardrobe with the new Sutter Slim!
See our complete Sutter Collection.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- 15.5" (H) x 11.5" (L) x 3.75" (W); 2.2 lbs. Volume: 11 Liters
- YKK water-resistant zippers
- Clean, streamlined profile keeps the Slim Backpack compact even when full.
- Comfortable, modern fit.
- Slim profile is ideal for commuting in crowded spaces.
- Lightweight and compact with efficient use of space.
- Premium full-grain leather panel is pleated to help control bulge and maintain the sleek look.
- Two external pockets offer easy access from the top or sides.
- Pockets are evenly spaced to balance the load and distribute contents.
- Leather handle for comfortable grab and go.
- Interior gold liner increases visibility.
- Padded compartments for a laptop and tablet are on one side; organizational pockets on the other.
- Rear mesh padding for breathability and comfort. Lower panel slips over carry-on handles for easy travel.
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps.
- Stiffened bottom and side panels eliminate sagging and help keep the backpack upright when set down.
- Compliments any professional or casual wardrobe.
The compact Sutter Slim Laptop Backpack is sized to hold a day’s work and tech gear. There are two easy-access front pockets to separate electronic gear from personal items. Inside are two padded compartments for protecting a laptop or tablet.
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro 6, Go with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
Macworld - February 6, 2019
"As I’ve said about other WaterField products, it’s as smartly designed as anything that comes out of Cupertino, and that makes it a perfect companion for any collection of portable Apple gear."
I am a Technology Evangelist which means I spend time with both in the trenches developers and C-Suite executives on any given day. The Sutter Slim Backpack has finally provided a single bag which can be used in both environments and provides all the organization and flexibility I need. Thank You for a Great Bag!
The Sutter Slim backpack is a perfect addition to my Waterfield collection of bags. My only comments, I wish there was an external pocket for a water bottle and the side zippers should have the ability to be secured when closed especially since the zippers zip up to close instead of zipping down to close which makes more sense for security reasons especially around crowds.
I've had this backpack for about a month now and have been using it everyday. Just the right size for my work Laptop and my tablet. I also own the Executive Pro Backpack and was using that everyday until I received the Sutter Slim. The Executive will now be the backpack I use when traveling as it has much more space which I do not need on a daily basis. The Sutter Slim is a good size as it does not allow me to over stuff it with things that I do not need on a daily basis. I also received the matching Tech Pocket and its very nice and fits within the bag along with my headphones case. Overall nice backpack!
This bag is the blend of size and utility. It's not overly large, yet I can fit my work laptop, personal Surface and all of the daily accessories. I couldn't be happier.
I own many WaterField products, including several bags. This backpack is perhaps the perfect mix of style, size, and functionality. It has quickly become my daily-driver bag, with plenty of room for my 15" MacBook Pro, 12.9" iPad, and gear bag of power bricks/cables. Plus, like my other WaterField bags, it's just going to get better looking with use.
Will items fall to the bottom when I use the front pockets?
No, items will not accumulate at the bottom. We designed two pockets, one above the other, to address this issue. You can store your electronics and your personal items separately. You can access one pocket from the top, and the other pocket from the sides.
What’s the secret to keeping the bag slim and refined even when full?
First, we made efficient use of space so items will not be bumping into each other. We balanced the placement of the interior and exterior pockets so stored items will not overlap. And, we pleated the full grain leather panel to minimize any bulge that might occur with overpacking.
Will the bag stand upright?
To help keep the bag upright, we stiffened the bottom side panels that attach to the straps.
Why is the bag lined in gold?
We chose gold because this light color makes it easier to quickly identify the contents inside your bag. The liner also adds a thin water-resistant layer of protection between the canvas or the ballistic nylon and the items you carry.
What type of leather is used for the front panel?
We use premium, full grain leather, the (most expensive) part of the hide with a really tight grain that makes it highly durable. Scratches and other surface character are signs that you’re getting the real thing — authentic, distressed leather that will develop a beautiful patina over time.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.