All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or waxed canvas base
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- Air Porter: 15" (l) x 4.5" (w) x 10.25” (h); 2.4 lbs.
38.10 (l) x 11.43 (w) x 26.04 (h) cm; 1.08 kg
Volume: 11.25 liters
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- Slips over rolling suitcase handle.
- TSA-friendly laptop-sleeve compartment opens flat; dual handles facilitate quick grab after TSA screening.
- Zippered pocket under front flap grants quick-but-secure access.
- Leather flap closes with magnets at two settings allowing front pocket to be fully or partly packed and remain secured.
- Padded laptop sleeve with corner cut-outs permits laptop charging while inside case.
- External water-bottle/umbrella pockets snap closed when not in keeping bag slim.
- Air Porter fits Air Caddy in front pocket.
- Air Caddy fits in front airline seat.
- Dual main compartments keep tech and personal items separated.
- Slim and stands upright under airline seats leaving ample legroom.
- Waterproof exterior zippers and water-resistant lining help block the elements.
- Interior key fob stores home keys for easy recovery after a long return flight.
I bought this bag for my trips back and forth to the office, and travel to our remote clients. I needed a bag that would let me carry/organize my small bits, my computer, and be small enough that I would be inclined to take it with me, and still have everything I need, all in its place. I leave tomorrow for a flight across the country, and while I have only had the bag for 2 weeks, it has become everything I wanted a bag to be. The colours inside are beautiful, the pockets the perfect size, and it feels right at home on my shoulder, I couldn’t image using anything else. And besides that, everyone at the office loves it, it is beautiful and very well made. I would have no problems recommending this bag to anyone. Absolutely get the optional sleeve, I thought I would be useful, but it is perfect beyond words, and works very well with the bag. Very happy customer!!
I waited to write this review until after the Air-Porter and I endured our first long haul trip together. It passed this test with flying colors! The care taken in designing inside storage worked beautifully for me. I had easy access to all the items I needed on my flights. No digging around and planting your elbow in your seat mate's ribs since it can sit on your lap with all accessible when needed. Was able to pack all electronics, iPad and support gear, headphones, scarf, sweater, prescriptions & more without overloading. I also think it looks good! Expect to happily use it for many years
In his videos, Gary talks about product and customer service quality. I have to say, he really means it. I purchased an Air Porter bag and loved it. I immediately purchased a sling bag to go with it. From start to finish, the service has been impeccable. Thank you so much.
I have been trying to find the right bag for years and it looks like I finally found it. The design is the right combination of rugged and professional look. The space is amazing when I compare it to bags that I have owned of similar footprint in the past. I have a couple of longer business trips coming up to put it through its paces.
Always exciting to get a new delivery from SF Bags. This doesn't disappoint and will perfectly replace the travel back pack I've been using for years. Not big, not small, but just the right size for overnights and perfect as a carry on addition on longer trips. I travel with a 13" mac book pro and 10.5" ipad pro plus sundry stuff. Better still this doesn't just come with me for travel, its a great briefcase when there's not enough room in my Field Muzetto.
Baker On Tech - February 11, 2018
"If you’re like me, receptive to well-made and creative new designs that help us work effectively, stay organized, and has a place for all of our essentials while travelling, give this new product strong consideration."
Gadgeteer - December 16, 2017
"The Waterfield Air Porter carry-on bag is a perfect bag for traveling. It’s large enough for just about anything you want to carry, yet small enough to fit under airline seats for easy reach."
GottaBeMobile - November 14, 2017
"This is the ultimate carry on bag for frequent fliers. No more choosing between legroom and a laptop bag when you fly."
GearDiary - November 13, 2017
"Waterfield set out to make a great travel bag and … mission accomplished. Whether you only get the Air Porter or you get the Air Porter in combination with the Air Caddy, you are sure to appreciate the design, the craftsmanship and, most importantly, the functionality of this Waterfield offering; both are great for travel."
Joe Cieplinski - October 26, 2017
"If you’re in the market for a travel carry-on that’s designed with a ton of thought and attention to detail, that’s made in America by people who are paid decent wages, and that will last for many years to come (I’m about to enter year 8 for my Muzetto) the Air Porter is certainly worth a look."
ZDNet - September 25, 2017
"The WaterField Designs Air Porter was created in collaboration with customers who travel and is perfect for those who find themselves on airplanes to get work done."
- Air Porter: fits devices up to 14.1" x 9.6"
- 16-inch MacBook Pro
- 13-inch MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina, Air Retina
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro Pro X, Pro 7, Laptop 3 (13.5"), Book 2 (13.5")
- Caddy: fits laptops/tablets up to 9.75" x 6.75"
- iPad Pro 11” with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Go