NEW! Sutter Tech Sling
For the NEW Apple iPad Pro, MacBook, Surface Pro 6
- Product Info
- What Fits
Minimalist Everyday Carry. The Sutter Tech Sling, named for California Gold Rush explorer John Sutter, is the ideal size for creative explorations with your NEW iPad Pro, along with the NEW magnetic Smart Keyboard Folio and Apple Pencil (2nd generation). The strap on this one-strap daypack swivels 180 degrees, so the Sling stays balanced on your back and snug against your body. Swing it around one shoulder for easy access in crowded spaces. Also fits the NEW MacBook and Surface Pro 6.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
Dimensions & Weight:
- Standard: 11.5" x 8" x 3"; 1.25 lbs. Volume: 4.5 Liters
- Full: 14" x 9.5" x 3"; 1.5 lbs. Volume: 6.5 Liters
- Adjustable Cam-lock
- YKK zipper
- D-ring-to-Strap - 180-degree swivel strap attachment means the bag stays flat on your back, regardless of positioning
- Flexible strap options - strap attaches to D-ring on left or right side of wearing over either shoulder
- One-handed cam lock buckle - lets your quickly adjust how the bag rests against your body without moving it
- Built-in Shoulder Pad - spreads weight evenly to give your back and shoulder a bit of relief
- Padded Tablet/laptop Compartment - Standard size fits 11” an Full size fits 12.9” iPad Pro (with or without Keyboard Folio); situated in very back to keep Sling flat against body
- Swing around Front Pocket - accessible via the left or right side
- Interior Hand pocket - keeps small items easily accessible
- Three Interior Pen Pockets - stows Apple Pencil and your favorite sketching pens
- Gold interior lining - in front pocket and main compartment for visibility
- Inset Waterproof Front Zippers - keeps the zippers, which are most susceptible to water seepage, protected from rain
- Interior key fob attachment - keeps keys quickly findable
- Rear mesh padding - enhances airflow and cushioning
The Sutter Tech Sling is the perfect carry for taking the NEW iPad Pro on creative explorations. Also fits the NEW MacBook and NEW Surface Pro 6.
- Standard: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- NEW iPad Pro 11"
- Surface Pro Go
- Full: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12.75" x 9.25”
- NEW iPad Pro 12.9"
- NEW MacBook Air Retina
- NEW Surface Pro 6
- 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Retina
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 2
To like: it's a nice size, a bit more room than the medium Field Muzetto which I also have. As a cross-body bag, as for biking etc., the Sling is good. It hangs more on the back, and that's good.
Not so good: As a shoulder bag it is less stable than the Muzetto, because of how the strap is strung. The Sling can hold my iPad and Air and associated accessories at the same time. The Muzetto really can't. I have a competitor's bag that I use when I carry both. Maybe I'll use the Sling for that, but maybe not, because it's awkward for the way I use it.
Summing up, for me: Day to day, I think I prefer the Muzetto 10:7 over the Sling. If you're about biking or long walks with the bag, you might prefer it.
For my use case, it works just fine fitting my surface pro 4 and small items. My only complaints are that the organization pockets are a tad too shallow to keep things from falling out, I would have liked the internal pocket to be able to fit my Kindle Paperwhite with the case. There is enough space near the bottom of the main compartment to have fit another larger pocket. the biggest let down is that the front quick access pocket is, while nice and large, has no internal organization meaning everything kinda just slides around and to the bottom. I hope that a future revision will fix this. I would also like to see an attachment loop on the somewhere, maybe right about the front leather panel below the zipper I can attach a gear pouch on occasion where I need to bring some extra gear. These small things drag down what would otherwise be a perfect sling bag.
I give it 5 stars even though it’s not perfect. I do love the size, look and feel of the sling. I carry my iPad Pro 11”, a composition book, my Apple Pencil, a USB cable, microfiber towel and my WaterField pen pouch (thank you WaterField for the pouch). Everything fits great. The whole sling is nice and compact, easy to open and retrieve my things. I especially like the strap and how easy it is to adjust. I am very happy I bought it. My only “complaint” is I think most iPad Pro 11” users also have Apple’s Folio Keyboard. I think the iPad pocket inside the sling should have been made a little larger to fit the iPad Pro with the Folio Keyboard attached. I just dont use the pocket, but it would be preferred.
I love this bag. I have a couple of others but this one is the most perfect for everyday use. Great tech and non tech day bag. I just love all my bags with WaterField. Thank you Gary for listening to your consumers.
I love the stuff from Waterfield Designs, but this Tech Sling disappoints. It would be better with a simple handle on the side, so it would be 'grabbable,' and deeper interior pockets that would keep stuff from falling into the main part of the bag (think ID badges, business cards, apple adapter cables, USB drives, granola bars, etc.).
I love my Slim Staad laptop bag, and was hoping to replace it with this new sling, since I typically go over one arm with it...
What makes the Sutter Tech Sling comfortable for your shoulder and back?
First, the top strap attachment swivels 180 degrees so the Sutter Tech Sling stays vertical on your back as you move about. This allows for a more balanced weight distribution. Second, the wide leather pad helps keep the strap from digging into your shoulders. Third, the cam lock lets you adjust the strap while you are wearing the Sling so you can always get the proper fit.
What do you mean by easy-access or one-hand access?
We designed the Sutter Tech Sling so you can quickly and easily access its contents with one hand. If you’re in a crowd with limited personal space, you can quickly swing it in front of you to access items from the front pocket. The dual zippers in the main compartment also let you access items in there.
Why is the bag lined gold?
First, the liner adds a bit of protection for the different items you carry inside. Second, we chose gold because this lighter, brighter color makes it easier to quickly see the contents inside your pouch.
What are splash-proof zippers?
These zippers from YKK, a trusted name in the zipper industry, are water-repellent and add another level of protection to the contents inside the Sutter Tech Sling.
What type of leather is used for the front panel?
We use premium, full grain leather. This is the most durable (and expensive) part of the hide with a really tight grain. Scratches on the surface are signs that this is the real thing, and it will develop a beautiful patina over time.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.