All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic bottom panel
- Brown #10 Cotton Duck tan Waxed Canvas with leather bottom panel
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size:
16" (l) x 8.25" (w) x 10.25" (h)
Volume: 22 Liters
40.64 (l) x 20.95 (w) x 26.03 (h) cm
- Weight: Black Ballistic: 2.7 lbs. / 1.22 kg.
- Optional Air Caddy:
12 (l) x 1.25 (w) x 8 (h) inches; 5 oz.
Waxed Canvas: 3.25 lbs. / 1.47 kg.
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- External D-rings for attaching accessories.
- Rear slots for quickly hooking glasses or pens.
- Stands upright under airline seat leaving some legroom.
- Expandable end pockets hold travel documents, water bottles. etc.
- Three carry options — removable strap, leather handles, suitcase-handle passthrough.
- Office compartment lays flat for TSA screening with: padded laptop compartment, wide foam-backed pocket for papers or tablet, open-topped pockets, pen slots, and a central area for files.
- Main compartment for personal items opens with half-moon zipper into large chamber with: open-topped pockets, mesh zippered pockets, key fob, and gold lining that lights up interior.
- Pleated front pocket with interior pockets closes with secured leather flap (Fits optional iPad Mini and iPad 11'' Air Caddy ). Optional 12.9'' Air Caddy for the iPad Pro fits in the main compartment.
- Includes removable, adjustable Supreme Suspension Shoulder Strap for carrying comfort.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
Great bag well made. Love the material and the gold lining is great. Will not need another bag for those overnights anymore.
Well made. Very thought out with a place for everything and easy access to everything.
Big... Big is the theme for this bag. I use this as a briefcase, and can put my camera gear in it as well. This could easily be a overnight or even 2-3 bag night. Very well laid out.... I love it. My only warning is it can easily get so much camera and computer gear that is can quickly get heavy. Too bad there isn't a way to add wheels....
… the Air Duffel Carry-On proves you wrong. I am using this bag as my new Pilot’s Bag - it fits everything I need perfectly: my iPad as an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB), my logbooks, aviation charts, Headset(s), kneeboard and some other utilities you typically need when you go for flying. Most likely, "Waterfield Design“ had no pilot in mind when designing this bag, but for my purpose it does its job perfectly. More than happy to get rid of my old pilot bag. This is now my fourth bag from this company and I am extremely happy with the quality. Unfortunately my demand for superb bags is now fulfilled for the foreseeable future: Apple Max case, Laptop Bag, Air Travel backpack and this bag fulfill my needs. Well Done!
The design of these bags is exceptional. Quality of the product is top notch and I highly recommend!
iMore - November 20, 2019
“Waterfield's Air Duffel Carry-On Bag is perfectly sized to fit under the seat on most airlines, so it can count as your personal bag rather than a carry-on. Yet, you can pack a lot into this small duffel bag, making it ideal for air travel.”
The Digital Trekker - November 10, 2019
"In conclusion, I found the bag is made very well and the design is extremely thought out. The bag did great on my trip to Ethiopia with only a few minor hic-ups. I look forward to traveling with it in the future."
ZDnet - November 7, 2019
"It is clear to me that serious travelers provided valuable feedback in designing this bag and it was a sheer pleasure to use a bag with no frustrations and clear travel optimization. Air travel is rarely a stress-free activity, but having a bag like the Air Duffel sure makes things easier."
The Air Duffel has two sections: a work compartment that includes a padded laptop pocket for storing tech gear, and a roomy main section for storing everything else. Several conveniently-placed pockets hold additional gear.
- The padded pocket in the Air Duffel Work Compartment fits these devices
- 14" MacBook Pro M1
- 16" MacBook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro M2
- 13" MacBook Air M2
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 8
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Surface Book 3 (13.5")
- And other similarly-sized laptops
- The Air Duffel Main Compartment fits assorted items one needs in-flight, and on an overnighter, like:
- Book, magazines, files
- Lunch, snacks, munchies
- Jacket, scarf, neck pillow
- A change of clothes
- The Air Duffel Zippered Side Pockets are conveniently located to store small items in a hurry, to quickly access travel documents, to store multiple cell phones, or to hold a water bottle or coffee mug.
- The Air Duffel Front Pocket runs the length of the bag and is protected by a leather flap. It can be used to stow newspapers or the optional Air Caddy. Inside, three open-topped pockets organize more small items.
NOTE: The OPTIONAL Air Caddy is custom-fitted for the front pocket of the Air Duffel and fits these tablets:
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- iPad mini
- Surface Go
- And other similarly-sized devices