All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or Brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
- More details here.
- Small: 17.25" (l) x 11" (w) x 10.25" (h)
- Large: 21.5" (l) x 12.5" (w) x 10.75" (h)
43.81 (l) x 27.94 (w) x 26.03 (h) cm
Volume: 32 Liters
54.61 (l) x 31.75 (w) x 26.03 (h) cm
Volume: 47 Liters
- Small Ballistic Nylon: 1.75 lbs. / 0.79 kg
- Small Waxed Canvas: 2.60 lbs. / 1.17 kg
- Large Ballistic Nylon: 2.40 lbs. / 1.08 kg
- Large Waxed Canvas: 3.30 lbs. / 1.49 kg
- Made of waxed canvas or sturdy ballistic nylon.
- Leather color accents: Black, Chocolate or Grizzly.
- YKK splash-proof zippers keep your gear dry.
- Dual handles with leather accent for comfort.
- Removable shoulder strap with matching leather shoulder pad for varied carry styles.
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
The Bolt Backpack is part of the Bolt Collection of bags.
I use the Bolt Duffel Bag to carry my telescope eye pieces. Four large eye pieces go on one side, in compartments I created out of leftover insulation foam, and scope tools go on the other size. It’s perfect for night out star gazing with my grab-and-go 85mm telescope. This is the smaller bolt duffel bag.
I got the bolt duffel bag in the two-compartment model in ballistic black. The bag is of superb quality, feel and style like all of Waterfield’s products, and I anticipate using it a lot over the coming years. My only suggestions for improving the bag would be as follows: 1. add a few more internal zipper and/or magnetic pockets around the sides, 2. convert the outer flaps to full leather (the flap is leather on the outside, but the internal side is constructed from a polymer), 3. Provide the option for a leather boot covering the bottom of the bag that would provide structure and water resistance and 4. Add a luggage pass-through on the back of the bag as a default. I know that some of these additions would add significantly to the cost of the bag, but it would be nice to have them as add-on options. All that being said, I love the duffel just as it is and I couldn’t recommend it enough. Kudos to Waterfield!
Good products, good quality, already have three different bags and backpacks. The Bolt Duffel Bag is no exception
Absolutely love this bag. It has all the right features for holding and organizing my belongings. It’s like having my own personal assistant. Great bag. Well done. Very happy.
Thought this bag looked great in the photos, but it’s even better in real life. Timeless, thoughtful design that I’ll be happy with for years to come. When we get out of pandemic lockdown, can’t wait to start traveling with this thing!
"I always get excited when an email comes into my inbox that has a title that starts with "WaterField Designs announces..." because I know I'm going to see a great looking new leather bag that I'll want to try out." ... "I love the blocky rustic style."
"Thoughtful about every aspect of their bag designs, the company made sure the large duffel will still fit in airline overhead bins." ... "Like everything we've seen from Waterfield, we expect the Outback Duffel Bag will not only look great in person but will also be beautifully built and last a long, long time. "
- Small (Daily):
Great for everyday use, a short trip, and perfect carry-on size for airline travel.
- Large (Weekender):
Sized to maximize most airline carry-on restrictions.