Maverick Leather Laptop Messenger Bag
- Product Info
- What Fits
Rough, Tough Elegance. The premium full-grain leather Maverick Laptop Messenger Bag is beautifully made to last and be with you for a long time. The clean, modern design showcases fine craftsmanship throughout. Scratches, nicks, and bumps are transforms to a beautiful patina as the Maverick develops its own unique character.
All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco. Each bag is made from the same cowhide for consistency.
- Distressed, full-grain premium leather
- 1 1/2” webbing
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 9.75 x 13 x 3.25 inches, 2.3 lbs.
- Full: 11.5 inches x 14 inches x 4 inches; 2.5 lbs.
- black metal screw studs
- industrial-grade rivets
- Distressed leather will age to a gorgeous patina
- Three classic colors offered: Black, Chocolate, Grizzly
- Beautiful raw edges and un-lined interior shows off the natural beauty of the hide
- Lightweight compared to other leather messenger bag
- Finished seams for longevity
- Flap is made of double-sided full-grain leather
- Fully-padded built-in laptop/tablet pocket
- Slot for rolling suitcase
- Matching removable Leather Shoulder Pad included
- Angled strap for more ergonomic fit
- Padded laptop compartment with padded tablet pocket
- Two deep pockets for accessories: one zips shut to keep valuables in; the other is open for easy access
- Full Size - Laptop Compartment
- 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, MacBook Pro Retina, MacBook
- Surface Book 2 (15")
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- Surface Book with Performance Base
- Other similarly-sized PC Laptops
- Full Size - Tablet Compartment
- 12.9” iPad Pro
- 10.5” iPad Pro
- Other similarly-sized tablets
- Compact Size - Laptop Compartment
- 13” MacBook Pro Touch Bar, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro Retina
- 12” MacBook
- 12.9” iPad Pro (yup, it fits in the laptop compartment)
- Asus Pro B9440
- Asus Transformer Pro T304
- Asus Chromebook Flip C302CA
- Other similarly-sized laptops
- Compact Size - Tablet Compartment
- 10.5” iPad Pro
- NEW Surface Pro
- Other similarly-sized tablets
For any questions, please contact HeyGary@SFbags.com.
The Gadgeteer - April 16, 2017
"Waterfield has—once again—made a product that should give years of use. The leather Maverick messenger bag should last long enough to hand down to a new generation should you want to get a new bag or backpack later."
Dallas News - April 15, 2017
"The Maverick is built to last for decades, which is great because it looks like it's from the Old West but has the features of a modern bag."
Waterfield Design Maverick Leather Laptop Messenger Bag review: A classic bag designed for the latest gear
Macworld - March 2, 2017
"Good looking and well made, the Waterfield Design Maverick Leather Laptop Messenger will serve you well for years to come."
I bought this bag for my wife - she needed a professional attaché. This bag is amazing! Well-made, rugged, fashionable - just the total package! I will getting one for myself!!
Great quality, great looking simple bag. Love it a lot.
I've bought many products from SF bags, and they've all been smartly designed and exceptionally well made. The Maverick continues their now long tradition of quality on every front.
LOVE THE BAG! No question of its quality, form factor, or usability. I am heavy traveler, thus the laptop should strap is key to being adjusted and flexible. Currently, the strap is affixed/sewn into the bag. Thus, continuous should strap adjustments (flips,turns, etc) are necessary and commonplace. Can be annoying in a hurry and if you are OCD.
TLDR: this is the best messenger bag I have seen in a long time and it's my new best friend during my travels
Long review: The Maverick did what I thought impossible, replace and even surpass my former messenger bag. I had been carrying a Daniel Hetcher messenger bag for more than 5 years and it had been an amazing my travel companion. However, after it started falling apart, I had to hunt for a new one and it was not easy. I have looked at an incalculable number of stores, models, and designs. I even looked into buying the same bag again, but I had found it in a store in the Philippines and they just didn't make them anymore, no matter what country I looked into.
Finally, I found the Maverick. The dimensions were similar to my old messenger bag and when I asked Gary if it was possible to increase the length of the strap, he quickly answered and told me it was doable. So I jumped the gun and I couldn't be happier. The quality of the leather is impressive and I even got compliments already from relatives! The material feels supple but resistant. The interior is well designed and I can easily fit everything I need with me on the plane. The quality and design even beat the Tumi Matthews Messenger bag I was considering and the Maverick is less than half the price! It truly is the gold standard of messenger bags.
Will I need to put my iPad Pro or MacBook in a sleeve?
It's not necessary. The Maverick has two built-in compartments that will snugly hold your devices.
How should I treat the leather?
We don't recommend doing anything. The first scratch or nick will may shock you but it's on it's way to developing a beautiful patina.
Does the Maverick come with a shoulder pad?
Yes, the Maverick comes with a removable, matching leather shoulder pad.
Have a question about this product? Contact us at HeyGary@SFBags.com.
"Can't wait to jet into LA, unwrap the package and smell my new bag, first one!!"
"I'm enjoying my Maverick totally! I love the leather & enjoy the smell. My new MacBook fits perfectly!"
"I get compliments. What more can you ask for?"
"I ran across the new Maverick and pretty much fell in love. "
"I really tried to come to terms with my addiction to WF. Though I already own a bunch, I just couldn't pass on this beauty."
"It looks and feels awesome. Total thumbs up."