All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic nylon or durable waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accents
Dimensions & Weight:
- One size: 11.25” (l) x 6”-1.5" (w) tapers at top x 15.5” (h); 2.4 lbs. (ballistic), 2.9 lbs. (canvas)
28.57 (l) x 15.24-3.81 (w) tapers at top x 39.37 (h) cm; 1.1 kg (ballistic), 1.3 kg (canvas)
Volume: 14.5 Liters
- An everyday backpack with clean lines, water-proof zipper, and full grain leather accents.
- Contains light foam padding to prevent sagging and keeps the backpack upright.
- Spacious main compartment has a gold, water-resistant liner for better visibility of contents.
- Interior zippered pocket for securing small valuables.
- Two padded laptop and tablet compartments.
- Expandable front saddle pocket is secured with a front full grain leather flap. The pocket includes a key clip and organizational pockets.
- Two deep side pockets for water bottle or umbrella.
- Comfortable leather handles for easy grab-and-go.
- Breathable mesh back padding for wicking away sweat.
- Back pass-through slot for inserting into carry-on handles.
- Full-grain leather bottom for extra durability.
- Comfortable, ergonomic shoulder straps.
I've looked at Waterfield backpacks, brief cases and messenger bags for a number of years now but haven't seen exactly what I have wanted until the Mezzo came on the scene. When the email went out announcing it I knew right away that this is the one that I've been looking for.
Upon receiving it I knew that I had made the right choice. It is the perfect size for keeping all of the various papers, electronic gear and the occasional book which I am reading, in one place and keeping it all portable. I love the excellent quality of the materials, the beautiful combination of leather and ballistic nylon and the high quality buckle and zipper. Then there is the beautiful lining that lights up the interior of the bag as well as the soft fabric in the sleeves for a Macbook Pro and an iPad Pro - I've got one of each and can take them both in one backpack. I chose the black nylon and the chocolate brown leather and love the combination of texture and color. It is unobtrusive sitting in the car and almost un-noticeable through tinted glass windows, but then it is just the right size to sling onto my back and take it pretty much wherever I go. With its rugged yet beautiful construction I imagine that this bag will outlive me and will be passed on to another generation when I no longer need it. Thanks for making this remarkable backpack!
I am enjoying the bag. The front pocket could be reversed on how it opens, that way the pocket would be quicker to access
Or, moderation fits this back path perfectly.
The right size with the right features.
A joy to carry!
Needed smaller backpack to go along with my bolt. The Mezzo has just the right amount of room for my daily travel. The side pouches are great for any type of water bottle. The leather and material from WaterField is high quality as usual. Would recommend if you’re looking for a smaller backpack.
The Mezzo Laptop Backpack hits the sweet spot for what I need in a work bag - the perfect combination of size, functionality and appearance.
I've tried a variety of different bags over the years ranging from North Face backpacks to messenger bags, but nothing fit the bill. They were either too big, wouldn't stand up or had a million useless pockets and zippers.
That's where the Mezzo is different. Most importantly, the backpack stands upright on its own. The dedicated padded sleeves are the perfect fit for my 9.7" iPad (7th gen) and 13" MacBook Pro. In fact, there's enough extra room that you could fit the larger iPad Pro and 16" MacBook Pro or a comparably-sized PC. I use the main pocket for a pair of Beats Studio headphones and sometimes a pullover or rain jacket folded up. The front saddle pocket is the perfect spot for my portable SSD drive, while the interior zippered pocket stores my glasses.
In terms of style, the Mezzo is top-notch. I absolutely love the combination of the black ballistic material with the chocolate leather trim. In fact, I like to think I had a part in Waterfield offering that combination since I contacted HeyGary with a request for more products using that combination :) Either way, they listen to their customers which is a refreshing change these days.
I did the pre-order and ended up choosing the paraglide buckle after going back-and-forth. Now you can only get the magnetic Fitlock buckle, but that looks equally sharp.
As an owner of the SleeveCase, 2 Tech Pockets and now the Mezzo Laptop Backpack, I can highly recommend Waterfield products without reservation. They may be a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for and they are Made in America (San Francisco)!
The mid-sized Mezzo Laptop Backpack carries a laptop and tablet, plus daily essentials. The expandable front saddle pocket holds easy-to-access items and is secured with a flap. Two deep side pockets for water bottles and umbrellas.
- The built-in Tablet Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 12" x 8.75", including:
- iPad Pro (11" & 12.9”) with Smart Keyboard Folio
- Surface Pro X, Pro 7, Go with Type Cover
- Pixel Slate
- The built-in Laptop Padded Sleeve fits devices up to 14.25” x 10", including:
- 16" MacBook Pro
- Surface Book 2 (13.5" & 15")
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5" & 15")
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo X1 Carbon