All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier black ballistic bottom panel
- Brown #10 Cotton Duck tan Waxed Canvas with leather bottom panel
- Naturally-tanned full-grain leather accents
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Air Duffel:
16 (L) x 8.25 (W) x 10.25 (H) inches
Volume: 22 Liters
40.64 (l) x 20.95 (w) x 26.03 (h) cm
Black Ballistic: 2.7 lbs.
Waxed Canvas: 3.25 lbs.
- Optional Air Caddy:
12 (L) x 8 (H) x 1.25 (W) inches; 5 oz.
- Splash-proof YKK Zippers
- Two N35 rare earth magnets
- External D-rings for attaching accessories.
- Rear slots for quickly hooking glasses or pens.
- Stands upright under airline seat leaving some legroom.
- Expandable end pockets hold travel documents, water bottles. etc.
- Three carry options — removable strap, leather handles, suitcase-handle passthrough.
- Office compartment lays flat for TSA screening with: padded laptop compartment, wide foam-backed pocket for papers or tablet, open-topped pockets, pen slots, and a central area for files.
- Main compartment for personal items opens with half-moon zipper into large chamber with: open-topped pockets, mesh zippered pockets, key fob, and gold lining that lights up interior.
- Pleated front pocket with interior pockets closes with leather flap secured by N35 rare-earth magnets. (Fits optional Air Caddy.)
- OPTIONAL: Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
Sac de très bonne finition, espace intérieur excellent avec beaucoup de pochettes. Ce côté noir avec cette finition jaune a l’intérieur... j’adore !
Merci à vous de nous proposer un produit aussi bien fini avec une taille idéale.
Air Duffel Carry-On
I was hesitant to drop four hundred dollars on a bag but the Air Duffel Carry-On is worth every penny (although I'll say it would be nice for them to wave shipping at this price point). It's built well, non flimsy and has many organizational pockets. I went with the all black and just love how clean it looks. For a guy who travels a lot with a work laptop and iPad pro it really does a perfect job at doubling as a weekend duffel and briefcase. I will say that one of the zippers is a little tough to tug on but I'm hoping it'll ease up with time. Another thing I wish was included was a nice matching leather tag for bag identification in case it gets lost/left behind somewhere. I luckily had one lying around and put it on one of the plastic rings that sits on top of the bag (see image). All and all, it's a fantastic bag and would recommend it to anyone looking for a stylish and professional looking duffel that maximizes carry-on capacity.
The Air Duffel Carry-On is very well designed. I like that it has a lot of pockets and sections so I can find things quickly and easily. That is especially important in the confines of an airplane. It has a section designed to accommodate a computer and other work items, a separate section for the Air Caddy that I use for my iPad and a main compartment that is large enough for all the things I am likely to carry on a plane or enough space for what I need for a one or two day trip. I chose the waxed canvas version and it is beautiful. I am looking forward to using it when we can travel again.
Another great Waterfield bag. Extremely happy with my purchase. Can’t wait to travel with it.
iMore - November 20, 2019
“Waterfield's Air Duffel Carry-On Bag is perfectly sized to fit under the seat on most airlines, so it can count as your personal bag rather than a carry-on. Yet, you can pack a lot into this small duffel bag, making it ideal for air travel.”
The Digital Trekker - November 10, 2019
"In conclusion, I found the bag is made very well and the design is extremely thought out. The bag did great on my trip to Ethiopia with only a few minor hic-ups. I look forward to traveling with it in the future."
ZDnet - November 7, 2019
"It is clear to me that serious travelers provided valuable feedback in designing this bag and it was a sheer pleasure to use a bag with no frustrations and clear travel optimization. Air travel is rarely a stress-free activity, but having a bag like the Air Duffel sure makes things easier."
The Air Duffel has two sections: a work compartment that includes a padded laptop pocket for storing tech gear, and a roomy main section for storing everything else. Several conveniently-placed pockets hold additional gear.
- The padded pocket in the Air Duffel Work Compartment fits these devices
- 16" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Google Pixel Slate
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 7
- Surface Laptop 3 (13.5")
- Surface Book 2 (13.5")
- and other similarly-sized laptops
- The Air Duffel Main Compartment fits assorted items one needs in-flight, and on an overnighter, like:
- book, magazines, files
- lunch, snacks, munchies
- jacket, scarf, neck pillow
- a change of clothes
- The Air Duffel Zippered Side Pockets are conveniently located to store small items in a hurry, to quickly access travel documents, to store multiple cell phones, or to hold a water bottle or coffee mug.
- The Air Duffel Front Pocket runs the length of the bag and is protected by a leather flap. It can be used to stow newspapers or the optional Air Caddy. Inside, three open-topped pockets organize more small items.
NOTE: The OPTIONAL Air Caddy is custom-fitted for the front pocket of the Air Duffel and fits these tablets:
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- iPad mini
- Surface Go
- and other similarly-sized devices