All our products are crafted locally in our workshop by the most skilled sewing team in San Francisco.
- 1050 Denier Black ballistic or brown waxed canvas
- Full-grain leather accent
- More details here
Dimensions & Weight:
- Compact: 8” (l) x 3” (w) x 11.5” (h); 1.25 lbs.
- Full: 9.5” (l) x 3” (w) x 14” (h); 1.5 lbs.
20.32 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 29.21 (h) cm; 0.56 kg
Volume: 4.5 Liters
24.13 (l) x 7.62 (w) x 35.56 (h) cm; 0.68 kg
Volume: 6.5 Liters
- Rear mesh padding - enhances airflow and cushioning.
- Interior key fob attachment - keeps keys quickly findable.
- Interior hand pocket - keeps small items easily accessible.
- Swing around front pocket - accessible via the left or right side.
- Gold interior lining - in front pocket and main compartment for visibility.
- Three interior pen pockets - stows Apple Pencil and your favorite sketching pens.
- Padded tablet/laptop compartment - standard size fits 11” an Full size fits 12.9” iPad Pro.
- Removable shoulder pad - spreads weight evenly to give your back and shoulder a bit of relief.
- Flexible strap options - strap attaches to D-ring on left or right side of wearing over either shoulder.
- One-handed cam lock buckle - lets you quickly adjust how the bag rests against your body without moving it.
- Inset waterproof front zippers - keeps the zippers, which are most susceptible to water seepage, protected from rain.
- D-ring-to-strap - 180-degree swivel strap attachment means the bag stays flat on your back, regardless of positioning.
- Top handle for grab and go situations.
- Stylus Pencil Case for holding Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, or any other stylus.
- Martexin Original Wax can be used to touch-up and and freshen the wax on your bag.
In my opinion, the quality of this bag’s construction and materials used is better than Tumi. My iPad Pro fits perfectly in the main compartment. It does not fit with its cover in the padded portion, but I put my Kindle in there so all is good. I put my phone, AirPod pros and keys in the front pocket. One recommendation: Since the bag can be swung over either shoulder depending on where you attach the swivel, you need to be able to secure the zipper on the both sides of the front pocket. If you leave the zipper open, or if the zipper works its way open, you will lose everything inside. A snap or keeper for the zipper pull will do. If you update this bag, I will buy another one, that’s how much I like it.
Sutter Tech Sling
Im really happy with the bag. Its amazing the quality and every small detail. Thank you so much!
I have many Waterfield bags and accessories, and I've grown very fond of the aesthetic of the classic Waterfield waxed canvas and chocolate leather products. The compact version of this sling is no exception. It's exactly what I expected. The cam system for adjusting the sling is brilliant. I bought it with the top handle and I'm glad I did. It does make it easier to pull the bag out of the car or to hang it. However, I'm going to have to give this Waterfield product my first 4 star rating. I'm docking it a star because there are 3 pen pockets inside the bag, 2 of which are too tight to be useful. It's unlikely you'd need that many stylus/pens for the amount of gear the sling can carry. It was a missed opportunity to make two larger internal pockets with just one stylus slot. The middle pocket is also very shallow and that doesn't seem necessary from the design of the bag. It's not even able to hold my phone in place very well. Finally, the back pocket (the one under the leather flap) is just one large compartment. Again, a missed opportunity to provide a split pocket. What happens when carrying the bag is that everything in there slides to the bottom. The probable cargo there would be a phone, a wallet, maybe keys, and some tissues or earbuds. As it is designed, I keep that down to just one item which really limits the functionality of the bag. Overall, I'm still quite satisfied with this, however my Staad Slim remains my favorite bag as a minimalist carry. I'd like to see a Waterfield sling or backpack in the ~8 liter range to slot in between the Sutter Tech sling and the Sutter Slim backpack for those occasions where I want to bring a bit more than a tablet/charger.
Item felt very premium, sturdy construction & unique. Only downside is strap pad felt rough on the shoulder. Probably would help to add some form of cushioning on the inside facing the shoulder. Otherwise near perfect product. Keep up the good work
GearDiary - April 10, 2019
“I love WaterField bags, backpacks and gear pouches. I’m a fan of sling-style bags. And I love the WaterField Sutter Tech Sling. It’s a sling bag that’s all WaterField. And that’s a good thing.”
GeekDad - March 8, 2019
“If you are going to carry technology around, you might as well do it with some utility and a bit of style. One of the latest bags from Waterfield, the Sutter Tech Sling, manages to do both.”
The Gadgeteer - January 23, 2019
“The Sutter Sling has gained my respect as a well-conceived update to earlier slings, that can accommodate your daily minimum carry, be it a laptop, tablet, or books and papers.”
Macworld - November 27, 2018
“It comes as close to perfection as anything I’ve ever used.”
The Sutter Tech Sling is the perfect carry for taking the iPad Pro on creative explorations. Also fits the MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 7.
- Compact: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 10” x 7.5”
- iPad with Magic Keyboard (2021)
- 11” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro Go
- Full: built-in padded sleeve fits devices up to 12.75" x 9.25”
- 14" Macbook Pro M1
- 13" MacBook Pro
- 13" MacBook Air
- 12.9" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard
- 11" iPad Air with Magic Keyboard
- Surface Pro X, Pro 8 with Type Cover
- Surface Book 3 (13.5")
- Surface Laptop 4 & 3 (13.5")
- Customer-vetted Devices - From Customer Reviews:
- Lenovo C940 fits in Full Size (Arthur W., Wichita, US)
- Lenovo X1 Gen. 4 fits in Full Size (David J., Henderson, US)
- 13" ThinkPad X380 fits in Full Size (Miles H., Alpharetta, US)